It is nice to see that STEEM blockchain allowed to have a bid bots so we have the chance to get an extra boost to our posts, especially for new members and authors we commonly called them as minnows.
New members post even with good content, doesn't have the chance to be seen because they don't have enough followers to RESTEEM and UPVOTE their posts. Their post will never be in Hot or Trending page, no enough views and $ value due to lack of exposures.
Thanks to bid bots, they can send small amount of SBD or STEEM with their link and suddenly have someone (bots) upvoting for them. A nice return of investment (ROI). But the problem is many steemians abused these services, some actually send a large amount of SBD or STEEM so they can get higher percentage of rewards. In Game of Thrones, that's greed ... SHAME SHAME SHAME!
Image source from @vominhquoc
For those who don't know how to use Bid Bots.Here's a quick tutorial. Let's use @Automation bot as an example.
USAGE: Send 0.010 SBD or STEEM to @Automation with your post to upvote. After 2.4 hours, the @Automation bot will upvote your link as long as it is not 3.5 days old. The bidders of that rounds will share the rewards according to their bids.
The small amount we sent to bots the HIGHER opportunity for MANY USERS to afford to bid and get a higher returns. But some members send a large of bids, to get more shares. Some send their bids minutes before the rounds end. This is obvious approach to trick the system and get more rewards. There is a service called @transparencybot that disclosed some steemians that abused the system.
My Proposal to improve bid bot services.
- Set a minimum bid 0.01 and a maximum bid to 1.0 SBD or STEEM to all bid bots services. So minnows, dolphin or whales are in the same playing field where everyone can afford to use these bots services.
- As community, it's okay to use these bots services. Please bid below 1.0 SBD or STEEM nothing more, DON'T BE GREEDY! So everyone can afford to bid and get a higher returns.
If the bot owner main objective is to help new members with good content, this will not be a problem for them. It will be less revenue but more Authors with good content will have the opportunity to earn more.
REMEMBER: It's OK to use bid bots but please bid small (not more than 1.0 SBD/STEEM) so everyone can share the rewards.
and other stories I up voted for the last 12-24 hours. Apologies, if I missed some of the articles. Check them out.Here's the archived of my up votes to minnows and authors with good content: https://steemdb.com/@yehey/votes?type=outgoing
- Phishing sites will not going anywhere anytime soon, specially Steem is gaining popularity. And many of the accounts are identified by their personal names, less work for the hackers to gather information about yourself. How can you minimize risks?
- Use your POSTING key to post and comment. Keep OWNER and ACTIVE key always SECURED.
- Double check or triple check the URL address before you login to the website. If in doubt, don't hesitate to ask anyone in the forums.
- Ignore the links that you're not familiar, always check it before you login.
@Yehey Witness Projects
- @Broadcast giving FREE up vote. I increased the delegation to 1600 SP. Right now it is a self-funded project, hopefully other Whales will help out too. Please join our chat at https://SteemChat.com to say hello. Use post-promotion - channel $upvote [yourlink] to receive up vote from @Broadcast 24x7.
- @Automation bid bot helping @Broadcast to gain more SP. The 90% stake goes to delegators/investors and the remaining 10% stake donated to @Broadcast project. Let your SP work for you earn daily rewards, delegate to @Automation to Power Up votes and helping @Broadcast upvote minnows with good content at the same time.
- Community Bot (BETA) by @Council - members of the community can all chip in to power up the bot which will then go through the list of members and upvote the latest post by each. With our combine Steem Powers, we Upvote like a Whale.
- https://Yehey.org (condenser website) Keep steeming for a better future. You need to have a backup website to access the Steem blockchain if Steemit is not available.
- https://Steeming.com mobile web app (still cooking)
- https://SteemChat.com Steem Community Chat at Discord server.
- Managed Witness servers like a baby, up running and continuously providing service to the community. No changes to the servers.
- Condenser sites with GEO/Load Balancer up and running.
If you like what I do helping our community. Please Vote @YEHEY as your Witness.
Go to https://steemit.com/~witnesses URL address then scroll down, type "yehey" and Vote.
I created a short URL to make it easier to vote, using this link https://on.king.net/witness simply click and vote. This will redirect to Steem Connect for safe authentication.
PLEASE NOTE: All images are own by their respective owners as mentioned/credited by the authors.