STEEM TRON AMA : 10 SUMMARY POINTS
NED & JUSTIN AMA:
I have just listened to the Ned Scott & Justin Sun AMA about the recent announcement of Ned selling his stake in Steemit to Justin (Tron). If by any chance anyone missed the announcements; they are well catalogued here by our Steem news man @pennsif here.
I watched recording of the AMA on YouTube here
Whilst it wasn’t quite the AMA I was expecting and I’m sure some technical steemians will feel short-changed by the lack of technical information. If you think of this as two chairmen talking generally about the topic it gave me a fair amount of comfort that there will be no dramatic change and a general positive tone was set on the sense of direction.
Perhaps some of the panic I saw in the steemian posts over the last 24 hours will dissipate!
10 THINGS I NOTED:
- No plans to use the very large stake Justin/Tron controls for voting on content or witness voting. And plans to keep the governance structure as it is.
- Justin is encouraged by the steemian community and traffic we have on the blockchain and this has been a big part of the motive behind the investment. Justin will seek community insight and thoughts on future developments.
- They are releasing a new product within the next week which has been beta tested. I’m thinking this is an investment in the user interface steemit.com - with new “product features”. Let’s see, it sounds interesting – I’m sure we will hear more on this very soon.
- There is a plan to invest development capital into human resources and marketing and to ultimately add more value to the whole blockchain
- Justin is well aligned with the idea of growing the value of the Steem Token
- Justin plans to invest in marketing to attract new users through initiatives including partner and distribution channels
- No plans for a token swap at the minute. it is very much status quo message.
- SMTs is still on the roadmap for release, especially as much work has been done to date.
- Justin encouraged Tron users to open up Steem accounts and test out the blockchain.
- Justin referred to some of the Tron projects and how Steemians can access them at 44:45secs into the video
Also Justin may attend SteemFest5.
I hope he has a strong c-suite of executives that can help bring growth and high professional standards of leadership.
Never a boring day on the Steem Blockchain!