My first hike in the mountains. Finish

in travelfeed •  last month 

This time, unlike the first night, I slept very soundly. The shepherd's house looked like a real hotel compared to my sloping bed in a mountain-side tent because it had a flat, solid surface for sleeping. I had a good night's sleep and my health restored to no less than with help first aid kit in computer games, though by only 90%. The other 10% I got at breakfast. This time, I was already helping my friends prepare food for us, as opposed to yesterday evening when I was completely exhausted when I fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

We prepare breakfast

We have breakfast

After breakfast, I was finally able to take a good look at the place we were staying. It was a polonyna - a mountain plain, a place where the inhabitants of the valleys graze their sheep in the summer. To do this, all the sheep from each yard are herded into one flock and specially hired shepherds accompany all these sheep high into the mountains where they graze all summer. Sheep are driven into special fenced areas at night and shepherds spend the night in special lodges that protect them from the rain. The shepherds look after the sheep and protect them from the wolves, get a milk and cook the cheese. It was in this place that we stayed the night, there were no sheep just yet, so these houses were empty. I think a few days after we left, the shepherds had already appeared with their flocks.

Around the shepherds' houses, a large number of plants with broad green leaves grew and in general, the meadow was bright green, unlike the peaks of the mountains above us, which were still covered with snow. It looked so beautiful that these photos could not fully convey my impressions.

The shepherds' houses where we stayed

This plant with broad green leaves grew around the houses

Beautiful mountain landscape

After breakfast and time to admire the surroundings, we packed up our camp, put our backpacks on our backs and went down the mountains. We ended our hike, conquering all the planned peaks. We had to walk about 10 km to the railway station in village Lazeshchyna, from where we planned to return home. Looking back at the snow-capped mountain tops for the last time, we walked down.

We're going down

The latest look at the majestic mountains

The road down was not too difficult, for some time we walked through the woods, then along the bank of the mountain river, until finally our hiking ended at the bottom in the village, from where we took the train back to Lviv. It was an unforgettable hike!

We're still in the mountains

Near the mountain river

The way to the train station

View this post on TravelFeed for the best experience.

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  

Hi @yetaras, your post has been upvoted by @bdcommunity courtesy of @hafizullah!

Support us by setting us as your witness proxy or delegating STEEM POWER.

20 SP50 SP100 SP200 SP300 SP500 SP1000 SP


Wow, what a great place for a hike!

Thank you, I totally agree with you!

Congratulations, Your Post Has Been Added To The Steemit Worldmap!
Author link:
Post link:

Want to have your post on the map too?

  • Go to Steemitworldmap
  • Click the code slider at the bottom
  • Click on the map where your post should be (zoom in if needed)
  • Copy and paste the generated code in your post
  • Congrats, your post is now on the map!
  ·  last month (edited)

Stunning landscapes. Where is that?

@tipu curate

Upvoted 👌 (Mana: 0/15)

These are the Ukrainian Carpathians, at the foot of the highest mountain of Ukraine - Hoverla

Congratulations! Your post has been selected as a daily Steemit truffle! It is listed on rank 1 of all contributions awarded today. You can find the TOP DAILY TRUFFLE PICKS HERE.

I upvoted your contribution because to my mind your post is at least 3 SBD worth and should receive 129 votes. It's now up to the lovely Steemit community to make this come true.

I am TrufflePig, an Artificial Intelligence Bot that helps minnows and content curators using Machine Learning. If you are curious how I select content, you can find an explanation here!

Have a nice day and sincerely yours,

Hiya, @choogirl here, just swinging by to let you know that this post made into our Honorable Mentions in Daily Travel Digest #677.

Your post has been manually curated by the @steemitworldmap team. If you like what we're doing, please drop by to check out all the rest of today's great posts and consider upvoting and supporting us.

Hello @yetaras, thank you for sharing this creative work! We just stopped by to say that you've been upvoted by the @creativecrypto magazine. The Creative Crypto is all about art on the blockchain and learning from creatives like you. Looking forward to crossing paths again soon. Steem on!

so beautifull place❤️❤️

Posted using Partiko Android