ANTIOQUIA MUSEUM PART 1

in #travel4 years ago

ANTIOQUIA MUSEUM

Founded in 1881, the Antioquia Museum has a collection of more than 5,000 pieces, ranging from assets that are part of the nation's archaeological heritage, to contemporary art. Its current headquarters, established in 2000 in the historic center of the city, was until the late eighties the Municipal Palace of Medellín.

IMG_4668.JPG

This 14,500 m² building, with influences from the American Art Deco, has eleven fresco murals by the artist Pedro Nel Gómez and was declared an Architectural Heritage of the Nation and restored in the 1990s by the Fundación Ferrocarril de Antioquia.

IMG_4674.JPG

Another of the Museum's spaces is the Casa del Encuentro, which was its main headquarters for more than 30 years and which today is intended for artistic residencies, contemporary art projects, and pedagogical and exploratory processes, as well as the library specialized in art.

IMG_4666.JPG

In 1975 the institution received the painting “El Exvoto” from the teacher Fernando Botero, a donation that opened the way to a very close relationship and led him to make new donations in 1975, 1984 and at the end of the nineties, when the new headquarters was established from the Museum and the Plaza de las Esculturas, better known as Plaza Botero, was built. Since 2010, the Museum, in alliance with the Mayor's Office of Medellín, has promoted a plan for urban renewal and the construction of the cultural district of the city center, through programs and projects such as Museo 360, which positively impact the dynamics of the place and in the development of the people who make up its immediate environment.

IMG_4679.JPG

MEDELLIN-COLOMBIA
VLADO RAMIREZ

REF patrimoniodemedellin.gov.co

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.25
TRX 0.11
JST 0.033
BTC 64219.94
ETH 3074.03
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.96