The Road Trip - Eastern North America (11 - Nova Scotia II)
The main goal of the trip was to see people. Didn't get enough of the scenery to be honest, which is a little sad, but I'll go back eventually! This post is dedicated to my first full day in Tatamagouche. Hanging out with family I've only seen like one time, so I didn't quite know everyone, but I got to know them and it was great!
This was really cool because I have never cooked live lobster before, so now I know how! Not too hard either.
Steps to Cook
- Buy live lobster
- Boil large vat of water with salt
- Cut off rubber around lobster's claws
- Drop face first in water
- Wait 20 min
- Break off claws and tail, throw away head, you can eat the legs, but not a lot of meat.
- Use a hammer to crack open claws
- Hands to break open the body
Uncle Jim bought 9 lobsters for about 100 Canadian Dollars. It was delicious with the melted butter. On the right is my aunt Linda.