3Speak's Citizen Journalist Onboarding Program!
It's been a few months since we launched 3Speak to support and promote freedom of speech. Today we are excited to announce the launch of a special program to on-board Citizen Journalists from all over the world.
3Speak's Citizen Journalist Program
In order to be a 3CJ (a Citizen Journalist on 3Speak) one must be willing to film local political events in an unbiased way. A 3CJ (3speak Citizen Journalist) should do everything they can to capture a story from both sides, and ask questions from each party involved, without putting a bias on the event.
Citizen journalism refers to the reporting of news events by members of the public using the Internet to spread the information. Citizen journalism can be a simple reporting of facts and news that is largely ignored by large media companies. It is easily spread through personal websites, blogs, microblogs, social media and so on. Some types of citizen journalism also act as a check on the reporting of larger news outlets by providing alternative analysis.
A 3CJ's role carries huge social responsibility which can be a difficult and selfless task, especially if the journalist is reporting events that inflame political tensions.
How To Apply
You can apply to be a 3 Speak Citizen Journalist by submitting your CV, an introductory video telling us about yourself. Submitting evidence of previous experience in journalism or related journalism qualifications will help in your application to become a 3Speak Citizen Journalist. Follow these steps to apply for the 3 CJ Program:
- Login on 3Speak with your STEEM Account.
- On Left Navigation Panel, press the button that says, "Apply to become a Citizen Journalist".
- You must submit your application through the google form.
All applications will be assessed by our team and once approved, you will be provided with a 3CJ tag on 3Speak. Your videos will also appear in on the homepage under "Citizen Journalists" section.
- 3Speak will only support 3CJ’s who behave with the highest integrity and journalistic ethics.
- 3 speak assumes no liability or responsibility for 3CJ's. 3CJ's do not represent 3Speak and act independently. 3Speak assumes no liability or responsibility for any harm that comes to any 3CJ’s. 3 CJ’s are independent and fully responsible for their own actions and do not take any instruction from 3Speak.
- You can apply to be a 3 Speak Citizen Journalist by submitting your CV, a video telling us about yourself (see details below). Submitting evidence of previous experience in journalism or related journalism qualifications will help in your application to become a 3Speak Citizen Journalist.
- Submitting evidence that you have completed journalism courses such as those at WeAreChange will help in you being accepted as a 3Speak Citizen Journalist.
- You MUST have a steem account to be a content creator on 3speak, you can buy one here: https://steem.ninja/buy-account.html
We have a separate section for CJs who have been verified already by our team under 3CJ program.
If you know any local journalist who can use this opportunity, please share this blog with them. Resteem this post for more visibility. You can also call out your favorite CJ on twitter and tag us in the tweet.
Rate Us Here
Follow Us On Twitter