7 Days of Good Stuff
This challenge was started by @conradt, and I was nominated by @snowpea in on her 5th day. The purpose of this challenge is to spread around some positivity here on Steemit, and you know me, I never back down from a challenge! Well, almost never LOL!
We all get it, in some form or another. Some people wear a much more obvious aura of it than others. Some people will act withdrawn, others will seem sad or tired, but the most common response is irritability or anger. The slightest little inconvenience may cause a person to snap and turn into some frightening rage beast! The best answer for stress that I know of, is to find some manner of relaxation.
Different people find various activities relaxing. I have a friend that does coding to calm his nerves. I have other friends that play video games, do yoga, meditate, listen to music, and the list can go on for an entire 2500 word post. As long as you know what relaxes you, that's really all that matters. One of mine, is fishing.
This is one of my releases that encourages good levels of dopamine in my brain and untold amounts of adrenaline to course through my body. It's almost a ritual for me. I make sure certain things are in place, usually starting (during the warmer months) by making a bargain with the bats and mosquitoes. I also tell the waters to let the fish know that I'm here, and I'm ready to hunt.
"Look Witty, these are taken at night, it's pitch black almost, how do you even fish - let alone hunt??" I don't just fish, I hunt for the fish. I take into consideration any light that may be shining on the water's surface. I listen for any activity in the water and for any swarms of bugs that may be near. I watch the glassy pane for small ripples. I listen for other wildlife that may be in the same area, giving away their position. Then, as I cast my line, I entice the fish to grab my lure and WHAM! Fish on. To me, that is a positively relaxing and enthralling experience. There is nothing else, only that moment in time. Focus is keen and concentration is at peek levels. Truly, one of my favorite ways to relax.
- Write a post about something you have to be postive about today - this could be anything from being thankful for your current situation, someone being nice to you, being thankful for your friends and family, or even being thankful for the oppurtunity you have been given here on Steemit - just keep it positive :)
- Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated
- Mention three people who should do this on each day.
- Tag it with #sevendaypositivity (can try 7daypositivitychallenge but Steemit doesn't like numbers) and include these rules at the bottom of your post
- Include a picture of something positive (related to your story if possible).
- I nominate @sol25, @leyargoz & @nikolina
@snook made this badass gif