It's time to file your taxes in the US! Ha.. Not a fun time!
Here is something that may help you in case you need to figure out how much you earned on Steemit during 2018!
Thumb rule is that if you earned less than $400 and did not cash out you do not need to declare income coming from Steemit.
Note: this is not a professional advice, consult an accountant for information.
Steemit Taxes Calculator Script
- Open https://steemdb.com/@your-username-here ( note that it's steemDB.com not steemD.com )
- Open the Browser Web Tools pressing F12 on Windows or Command + Option + I on Mac
- Navigate to the Console tab
You're welcome, I hope this can be useful to you! : )
Also, there is no sensitive data that could be stolen from https://steemdb.com since it's all public already.
- If you want to calculate the sum of your incoming transactions and rewards for another year (eg. the current year) you can simply add the year (eg. 2019) in the first line of code:
const TARGET_YEAR = '2019';
- The browser may block pop-ups from steedb.com. You Need to enable them in order to let the script open other steemdb.com tabs to perform the calculations.
- Bear in mind that the calculations do not take into account refunds ( eg. you sent money to a bot and he returned it to you - this will be summed to your income but better to have a bit higher than lower =] )
- If you sent funds from Exchanges to your account remember to subtract those transfers from the total
- @jesta bug report: if you navigate to this link you can notice that there is an information disclosure: https://steemdb.com/@marcocasario/transfers?page=-1 -> the plain error printed out on the webpage reveals us which programming language you used for the backend and which database is in use for the application.
That's it. You can now navigate to steemdb.com/@username (or refresh the page if you already used it) and paste my script. Enjoy!