The EOS Alliance, as a nonprofit entity unveiled today, will serve the EOS community by streamlining and facilitating communication and education that affects EOS token holders, Block Producers, application creators and other stakeholders. We at EOS Store here extend our warm congratulations to the Alliance and are proud to stand by it. EOS Store team, comprised of firm EOS believers and enthusiasts of block chain technology, is committed to building a decentralized community featuring self-ownership, openness, equality and mutual-trust with EOS holders. The idea of EOS Store coincides with that of EOS Alliance. Besides, Haifeng Lu, our founder and also as a board member of the Alliance, repeatedly expressed the importance of communication for EOS community in online and offline activities. “Voices from community should not be ignored”, as Mr. Lu said, “EOS Store will listen to community members. Everything facilitates the growing of EOS community and the prosperity of EOS ecosystem we will support”. Leadership of the EOS Alliance The EOS Alliance will launch initially with a seven (7) member Board, expanding as needed in a process currently under draft. Within 12 months, the EOS Alliance intends to have a fully elected board, to include members of diverse backgrounds and geographic regions, representing a variety of EOS community stakeholders and perspectives. The initial board members are expected to be:
- A seat reserved for special appointment, held in the interim by Lightning Clearwater III, also serving as the Alliance’s General Counsel
- Brock Pierce, Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation and former partner at Block.one
- Galia Benartzi, Co-founder of Bancor and LiquidEOS
- Peter Li, founder of EOS Gravity, a community leader and Block Producer
- Haifeng Lu, founder of EOS Store, a Block Producer
- Nix Nolledo, Philippine Technology Entrepreneur, founder of Blockchain Startup ODX
- AKON, multi-platinum music artist and blockchain enthusiast
In addition, two observer seats have been established for representatives to be selected by the paid Block Producers via a mechanism to be decided by them. Staff initially will include interim Executive Director Thomas Cox, former Block.one VP of Product (where he led the work on EOS’s governance mechanisms), Deputy Executive Director Myra Wang (Dan Wang), formerly of the influential Chinese community EOS Gravity, and Communications Director Kevin Wilcox, co-founder of EOS Go. Mandate of the EOS Alliance The EOS Alliance will serve under its guiding vision of Empowering EOS For All to curate and coordinate various existing efforts within the EOS community. The Alliance will:
- Facilitate multi-language conversations (initially in English, Korean and Chinese) and education around key ecosystem issues, debates and developments.
- Refrain, in accordance with its bylaws (now being drafted), from gaining any executive power within EOS governance structures.
- Facilitate discussion and help workgroups make clear recommendations.
As its first act, the EOS Alliance has already begun forming a series of working groups with diverse community participation to inform and advise on the ecosystem’s most challenging topics. Congrats the EOS Alliance again and thanks everyone that contributes to the Alliance. Wish our community to be more prosperous! For more information about the EOS Alliance, clicks here。
EosStore ｜ Get your commercial DApp ideas off the ground.