I’ve been testing different approaches for creating Steemit posts. For this post, I am using the editor on the Steemit.com web site in the Brave Browser.
Recently I started using eSteem and Steemstem.io, and I’ve noticed formatting issues in others’ posts. I’ve seen duplicates of photos in eSteem and coding characters, for example.
Another problem started when I upgraded to iOS 12. Often the keyboard obscures the lower half of the screen, this hiding the lower half of the screen during editing.
Edited notes on third day of post, raw html:
After looking at this post with several apps, with or without using different settings on editors, and I conclude that using raw html on the mobile website is my preference, given a small vocabulary of basic html formatting commands.
The image below was rotated 90 degrees and selected from the library:
It appears rotated 180 degrees.
Next, I reverted back to original and selected again:
Appears as before. Rotated 180 degrees and selected:
It worked! I’ll edit the thumbnail so it appears in the correct orientation today, day 3 (4/15/2019).
I don’t know why all the extra characters are around the photos. I’m seeing them online, but html looks ok in editor.
Created on the website using raw html, it looks like I expect in eSteem but ironically has problems on the website. I find the eSteem editor impossible to use in iOS12 on iPhone because so much of the lower half of the screen is covered.
Day 4 (4/16/2019)
The post looks different when comparing eSteem, steemSTEM.io, and the steemit.com web site (where I am right now, editing the post). The web site has extra characters, eSteem has fewer format options, but overall the post now looks best in stremSTEM.io.