BitTorrent Speed is a new product integrated into the uTorrent Classic Client, providing users with an option to earn cryptocurrency (BTT) for seeding and enjoy faster file downloads. The concept of BitTorrent Speed was first introduced in late 2018 as the first product to merge two decentralized networks together — the world’s largest peer to peer network, the BitTorrent protocol, with blockchain technology.
Over the last few months, we, the team at BitTorrent and TRON, have made monumental strides in the product development progress of BitTorrent Speed. In early July 2019, we officially launched a beta version of BitTorrent Speed to real users. You can download and try the product out here. Months prior to that, the team conducted internal testing groups where we invited real users to take part in our Early Access Group. The team continued to receive feedback from users and worked hard to implement changes to the product.
The latest version of BitTorrent Speed includes 3 main features:
- Wallet Import and Recovery — Users may now create a local wallet or import an existing wallet within BitTorrent Speed. This feature is made to be fully compatible with the TRON network so that users can use their Recovery Phrase (or sometimes called Seed Phrase) to import an existing wallet.
- Captcha Integration — In order to add higher security measures against bots, there is now a captcha integration within the Airdrop flow.
- Airdrop Capability — New users are able to claim 50 BTT after they create a wallet or import an existing wallet in BitTorrent Speed.
Get the latest version of BitTorrent Speed at www.bittorrent.com/speed.
- uTorrent app does not crash after the app starts to download a file
- Recovery information pop-up does not disappear
- Redirect pop-up to the Dashboard screen
- Updated the security requirements for the local password set up
- Auto-migrate keys for wallets
- Rework the “Claim Airdrop” button on the Wallet to handle wallet imports
- Add the UpdateAccountPubKey migration service
- Ledger security is improved
Detailed release notes
- Active positions are highlighted correctly on the progress bar in Wallet Import flow
- Transaction table header is on Exchange screen
- Balance is imported in the Dashboard when Import flow is not finished
- Wallet cannot be created without confirming Recovery Phrase
- Balance does not appear with negative digits
- BitTorrent Speed app does not close after clicking “Continue” button on the Import screen
- Create GRPC to REST proxy
- “Invalid password” error message shows in the Recovery Information pop up
- Airdrop successful to the imported wallet
About BitTorrent, Inc.
Founded with a leading peer-to-peer sharing technology standard in 2004, BitTorrent, Inc. is a consumer software company based in San Francisco. Its protocol is the largest decentralized P2P network in the world, driving 22% of upstream and 3% of downstream traffic globally.
Its flagship desktop and mobile products, BitTorrent and µTorrent, enable users to send large files over the internet, connecting legitimate third-party content providers with users. With over 100 million active users, BitTorrent products have been installed on over 1 billion devices in over 138 countries worldwide.
Founded in September 2017 by Justin Sun, TRON is dedicated to creating a boundary-free internet that inspires innovation across industries. TRON and its subsidiary BitTorrent give users direct access to applications, content and media by combining best-in-class blockchain approaches with innovations in peer-to-peer sharing and other technologies.
The TRON Protocol, one of the largest blockchain-based operating systems in the world, offers public blockchain support of high throughput, high scalability, and high availability for all Decentralized Applications (DApps) in the TRON ecosystem, with average daily transactions of more than 3 million. The July 2018 acquisition of BitTorrent further cemented TRON’s leadership in pursuing a decentralized ecosystem.
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : https://undergroundmod.com/2019/11/21/bittorrent-speed-2-2-1-release/