So What is Powering Up?
Powering up - If you have STEEM tokens, you can Power Up to Steem Power to get more voting influence on posts and comments. Having more Steem Power also increases the amount of curation rewards and interest that you can earn. More SP also grants more influence on approving Steem witnesses.
How To Power Up?
Here's step-by-step guide on how to power up:
- Go to your "Wallet"
- In your "Wallet", find your "Steem Dollar". In this screenshot, it shows that I have $5.914.
Click on the little triangle next to your Steem Dollar and you will find a drop-down menu. Click "Market"
- In order for you to power up, you must first buy "STEEM". In the "Buy Steem" section, enter the amount of Steem Dollar that you want to exchange for Steem.
- In my case, I will use all the Steem Dollar available to exchange for Steem. Once you've decided the amount of Steem Dollar that you want to exchange, click "Buy Steem"
- Then, confirm your order by clicking "OK"
- You will need to enter your password to confirm your transaction.
Note: Remember to always use your Active Key/Active Password when doing any transaction in Steemit. Not sure what is Active Key? Read about this important note HERE.
- You will see a notification pop-up at the bottom of the "market page" indicating that your order has been placed. That also means that your transaction is successful.
- Now, go back to your "Wallet", go to "Steem" and you will see the balance of Steem available. If you see the printscreen earlier on, I only have 10.001 Steem. Once transaction is done, I now have 15.924 Steem.
- At this stage, you will need to put the amount of Steem that you wish to convert to "Steem Power". In this case, I will convert 5 steem to steem power. Once done, simply click "Power Up"
- Lastly, confirm your transaction by keying in your Active Key and wallllaaaaa... you have powered up your account!
I guess that's about it for Powering Up... till then..