How about the next step in making Steemit more popular?
It is interesting to get your feedback on that business idea.
The idea is pretty simple - to give each Steemit user a T-Shirt with Steemit logo for free or for lowest price. I got very rough calculation from my friend who works in the one of top US t-shirt distribution company.
HOW TO PRODUCE A T-SHIRT
- we place a large order in China or Latin America manufacturing company
- then we transport it by ship to US storage (Miami)
- then we organize the distribution of the smaller batches to the main cities
- then people grab it from the special storages
- quantity - 100 000 + (prepaid order)
- size - S, M, L, XL
- colors - one or two
- logo - the best one that we approve
- we have to try to get around $0.3 per one item
- then we add transportation, taxes, storage and other costs
- finally we have to get the price around $0.5 per unit
- total costs will be around $50k
HOW WE WILL FUND IT
- A friend of mine manages Trade Finance company and I hope he will provide us Bank Letter or Bank Guarantee for production period
- Final payment I will describe below
I see the following option how to fund it:
- users pay for it around $1-$2 per t-shirt.
1.1. for example they transfer steem or btc to special account
1.2. or pay when they grub it from the stock
- we gather pool of investors who want to develop Steemit and understand benefits of that deal
- new or current users get a free t-shirt when they add 20 STEEM POWER to their accounts
BENEFITS OF THAT ACTIVITY
- Steemit’s popularity goes up
- Steem goes up
- New account registration goes up
- it is just an idea. We have to calculate and double check each step before starting
- amount that this article will get will be first donation into T-SHIRT fund
- I am ready to donate around $1000
- T-shirt manufacturing starts when the iOs version is available. Every t-shirt will have a QR code to install Steemit in one click