As discussions about flagging and rewards carry on it is obvious that some are still struggling to understand how the reward system works.
Simple Explanation of how the reward system works:
- Each day the Steem Blockchain creates new Steem
- That Steem is distributed via our votes
- The more stake you hold the more your votes are worth
- When you post (or comment) the community has 3 options
- no action
- A post is active for 7 days
- When that week is over you get to claim whatever the balance is.
It is a stake based system, so what you choose to hold in Steem Power matters.