Why You Are Terrible At Finishing Tasks! This Is What You Have To Do!
Good Day lads! Time for a new article about time management. Ever had that feeling you are wasting time and feel guilty for the fact your not doing anything with your life besides watching Netflix or gaming all day? Or maybe you aren't even conscious yet of your behavioral pattern and might this be a good opportunity for you to switch your perspective.
Nevertheless, Let's get to it!
I am going to cover the following topics:
- What is time management?
- Is time management necessary?
- tips to use your time more wisely.
So now we have covered up everything it's about time we jump right into what you came for!
Time management is the process of organizing and planning how to divide your time between specific activities. Good time management enables you to work smarter – not harder – so that you get more done in less time, even when the time is tight and pressures are high.
It's a very common thing that people aren't interested in spending too much time organizing and planning their day/week. They feel like it requires a lot of time to create something that might benefit them in the future. The funny thing about creating a schedule is that just like cooking we think it takes away a lot of time, while in reality, we are only in the kitchen for about 20 min and still has an amazing dish cooked. And from the 16 hours we are awake, this is still only 2% of your day. And if you work 8 hours it's 4% of your day.
Now for the readers who wonder "why is it relevant for me to apply time management in my daily life?" To answer that question we must first divide two sorts of people. The Hedonic and the Eudaimonic. The hedonic people are the once that are often busy with the present and care about having fun now rather than being focused on creating a prosperous and wealthy future. As for the Eudaimonic people, these are the once that are able to postpone rewards and nice moments. Often they are people with a vision and a goal they are working on with a lot of focus and concentration. For these people, it is therefore essential that they work smartly and efficiently.
So to speak in general now time management is for those who need to spend their time wisely in order to reach the goal they want to reach in a specific time span. Now I assume I am talking toward an audience who do feel the urge to create some discipline of creating and organizing a schedule and so I'd say follow the next steps if you feel like there is room for you to learn in;
- Make sacrifices! If you work 8 hours a day and the other 8 hours you do nothing, it might be wise to spend 1 of the 8 hours on what you think is important for you to reach. That's literally 12,5% you sacrifice to grow yourself as a person. And once you do this every day it will become a good habit and you don't know any better. I study average 2 a 3 hours a day and I don't go to school anymore.
- Learn to use excel and get comfortable creating your own schedule. And if you're too bored to learn excel I'd say find a sheet on the web and download it. I assume that takes about 5 minutes and let's say you have to put in all your appointments which take about 10 minutes you lost let's say 15 minutes maximum which is about 1,5% of your 8 hours free time.
- Get rid of distractions. Let's imagine you have in mind to study for an hour. You have your phone next to you, you have your discord channel open and you have your dog in the room etc. This means you have 3 major distractions around you. First, you get a message on your phone, you lose 5 to 10 minutes, a second distraction you lose time because your friend called you on the ps4 which took you again 10 minutes and last your dog was annoying and you put him in his cage. In the entire process of learning, you lost about 25 to 30 minutes on trash. Get rids of your distraction. And don't say you studied for 1 hour afterward, because then you lying to yourself.
- Create your own zone. It's important you don't work hard but smart. Make sure your environment fits you and feel comfortable in it. This way your focus and concentration is much better which means you get more done in less time.
- Realize that when you lose a dollar you can gain it back. Once you lost a minute you will never get it back.
Time management is a very important skill to have in order to become successful. Once you can control and maintain your time management you'll start to see a major difference in your life. One important thing though is that it's you as a person who decides how important it is for you to reach your goal. If you desperately want to become a professional swimmer, you dedicate your time to swimming 8 out of the 8 hours. If you feel like it's something you want to reach, but it has no rush it's okay to only spend 1 or 2 hours a day on it. Time management is not a must, it's just a skill to help you become better at using time. Timemanagent is also not created to take you away from the fun stuff such as gaming and having fun.
My name is Sem Kemperman and I wish you all the best!
If you liked this article please follow me here on Steemit and if you want to see more of me you can check my Instagram.