Introducing Steemit to 100 Million Pakistani Internet Users
Steemit is the most incredible discovery of my social media journey, and you can guess a bit from my views about other social media platforms. Facebook is bullsh!t! Twitter is crap! Instagram, Snapchat, etc. are worthless! Because Steemit is here!
Seriously, how much do these platform pay to its community? Do they not ask for money instead to boost our posts? You will see that Steemit is different!
Image Credits: @krypto
I have been blogging for a year now and I have been learning a lot while doing it. Other than learning how to write content and how to make it valuable, blogging is not worth it too! Google AdSense is sh!t too!
I still blog but my efforts have been diverted to Steemit, which is not only a social media platform but also a blogging platform.
[Note: - This post is aimed at introducing Steemit to entire internet population of Pakistan, which is nearly 100 million. I will post its link to my Facebook page and boost it to whole Pakistan; which requires payment to Facebook. Please support my effort by resteeming, sharing, upvoting and commenting on this post. Thank you!]
What is Steemit?
Steemit is a social media and blogging platform but is different from these so-called social media platforms. The closest thing to Steemit is Reddit. You can call Reddit the ugly and far less valuable version of Steemit; which in fact is a lot newer than Reddit.
Reddit the is number 7 website in the world and is worth $7 billion. But still, Steemit is better than it and has massive potential.
To understand what Steemit is and how it works, you will have to read each article and watch every video that I'm going to include in this article. Reading thoroughly will help you in the long-term as well and you will be able to get maximum benefit out of this exciting platform.
Article # 1: Steemit (Wikipedia)Here are some of the excerpts from this article.
The general concept is similar to other blogging websites or social news websites like Reddit, but the text content is saved in a blockchain. Using a blockchain enables rewarding comments and posts with secure tokens of value.
If you are considered an author worth upvoting, you will get rewards.
User accounts can upvote posts and comments, and the authors who get upvoted can receive a monetary reward...
How Does Steemit Reward Its Users?
Steemit.com is a company which primarily isn't a social media or blogging platform. It is a company like Bitcoin which has cryptocurrency of its own called Steem. The company increases the amount of this cryptocurrency at the rate of 9.5 % per year.
75 % of the Steem tokens are distributed among content creators based on the value they create with their content!
And that is why I'm so excited about Steemit! You and I can get a handsome share of these tokens literally worth millions and billions of dollars. Well, I have already started getting a piece of it.
I joined it just three days ago and I already have earned more than $3. As I learn more and more about it and follow the path of creating value instead of earning money, my earnings will soon skyrocket, God willing!
Update: My earnings soared due to generosity and support of fellow Steemians. In just five days, I have earned almost $500. Incredible! Have a look yourself.
Now, look at one massive proof of how powerful this platform is and how much it rewards its users.
How to Join Steemit?
Since it is a platform that pays for creating value, it doesn't let everyone sign up. Here's how to join.
- Go to sign up page and enter your details (and please sign up with your genuine email).
- You will receive a notice that account is under approval.
- Once the account is approved, you will get an email.
- Open that email and complete your sign up.
- Keep your password safe and write it down somewhere (both digitally and on paper) because once lost, your account and the amount in it will not be recoverable.
Now that you have signed up and got your account approved, it is time to follow the one who brought Steemit to your life. I would love to welcome and support you there.
How to Set Up Your Profile?
After logging in (and connecting with me @ilyastarar), the next thing to do is to update your profile settings. Here's a quick look at everything you need to update.
As the profile uploading procedure is a bit different to other social media platforms, I'll quickly cover the settings for you. Here you go.To update profile picture, you will have to upload the image on the web first.
- Go to Img Safe website.
- From the Upload tab, click browse files and select your profile picture from the storage.
- Click upload.
- After it is uploaded, click the image. A new window or page will open containing your uploaded picture.
- Copy the URL (website address) from the address bar.
- Paste it into the Profile Picture URL box in your settings page on Steemit.
Here's a visual guide if you didn't understand the procedure.
Going quickly through the remaining settings.
- Display Name: Write your name.
- About: Write some lines about yourself.
- Location: Write name of your city and/or country
- Website: If you have a website like I have this one, write it down.
That's it. You are done with settings.
How to Start Using Steemit?
Now that your account is set up and your profile is complete, here are a few things you would want to know before starting your Steemit journey.
- Steemit rewards value creation. To ascertain the value, it has a system which determines how valuable your content is and how valuable you are.
- Reputation Score: At the beginning, your reputation score is 25. As you contribute more towards the community, your reputation grows. People with less reputation earn fewer rewards and have less influence. I'll share how it's calculated a little later in this post. Do increase your reputation to earn more.
- Followers: New posts stay in the New section of the website for literally a few seconds before they are taken over by the newest posts. The only way to make your posts visible to people is that they see it in their home feed. It is only possible if you have followers. So followers help your content be visible and thus create more interactions and earn more rewards.
- Posts, Comments & Upvotes: These three activities are at the core of your contribution to the community. The more value you contribute, the more rewards you get.
- Reward Types: Steemit rewards its contributors in three ways. These are Steem, Steem Power, and Steem Dollars. They are briefly explained later.
Now let me briefly discuss reputation score and reward types.
How is Reputation Score Calculated?
To get detailed answer, read the following article by @digitalnotvir.
However, I am going to copy the gist from the above article here.
Buying Steem or Steem Power does not increase reputation. Only posting, commenting, and curating will increase your rep. So if you'd like to see your reputation increase (and thus your curation power) the secret is to get engaging! Post and comment with some high-quality and original content.
Difference between Steem, Steem Power, and Steem Dollars?
The following information is copied from the official FAQ page which you should go through to find answers to all your questions.
Resource # 3: Steemit FAQs
Here's the difference between three reward types.
STEEM - STEEM is the base liquid currency token in the platform. STEEM can be powered up into STEEM Power, traded for Steem Dollars, and transferred to other accounts. It is a cryptocurrency token, similar to bitcoin.
STEEM Power - STEEM Power (abbreviated SP) is a measurement of how much influence a user has in the Steem network. The more STEEM Power a user holds, the more they can influence the value of posts and comments. STEEM Power is less liquid. If a user wishes to “Power Down” SP, they will receive equal distributions of the STEEM weekly, over a 13 week period.
Steem Dollars - Steem Dollars (commonly abbreviated SBD) are liquid stable-value currency tokens designed to be pegged to $1 USD. They can be traded with STEEM and transferred to other accounts for commerce or exchange. Steem Dollars may also be converted into STEEM in a process that takes 3.5 days. Steem Dollars can be used to buy things in marketplaces, such as PeerHub.com.
Start Using Steemit Now
By now, you are sufficiently ready to start using this benevolent platform. To assist you further, I am attaching the official Quick Start Guide so that you can have a head start.
Remember one word. Contribute!
Resource # 4: Quick Start Guide
Things to Do on Steemit
After following me (@ilyastarar), the next thing to do is to set up your profile as explained above. Once you are ready, make sure that the first tag (and the main category) of your first post on the blog is 'introduceyourself'.
Even before posting your introduction, I recommend following good accounts (post by @lukestokes) and interacting with others via comments on new, trending, hot etc. tabs. I also recommend upvoting others posts and comments.
This way, you will gain some audience and reputation.Then create your first post and it must be the introduction post. Here's my introduction post. You can find more in the introduceyourself category.
Steemit is the golden opportunity for you to contribute to the community and earn handsome rewards. You can build a fortune if you persistently deliver value in form of quality posts, comments, upvotes and new relationships.
Join it and reap the benefits of benevolent economy and decentralized currency. Remember me in your prayers, spread the word and do support me with your upvotes. Thank you for your kind support.