HardFork series director @dougkarr spent the last two weeks traveling from New York, to Nova Scotia, to Minneapolis gathering elements for stories within the story of The HardFork Film series.
From the picturesque seaside rocks of Eastern Canada to some one-on-one time in Minneapolis with series co-creator @ericvancewalton, Karr employed his portable three axis gimbal camera and sound package to capture some compelling content.
Over the coming weeks you'll be a party to how these come together.
We've got some incredibly exciting announcements and content coming your way.
The main focus of our work these past few weeks has been to create a cohesive film trailer (more very exciting news to come about this). This ultimate goal for this film trailer will be to share a glimpse of some of our main characters, clues to our overall story arc, and to get viewers (and investors) excited by showing them the caliber of storytelling and filmmaking they can expect to see in our full length HardFork Series. We are intent on generating a massive buzz for both Steemit and the crypto space in general and creating true fans in the process.
Doug and Eric both have begun to craft a series of short stories based on the film that will be published on Steemit soon. Developing these short stories have served to increase the team’s immersion in our fictional world and have proven to deepen the richness of both the film series’ story arc and the complexity of our characters.
While those two were busy these past few weeks in their individual areas of expertise, filming and crafting the script, the remainder of the core HardFork Film Series team were working on equally important items:
- @the-alien, Series-Writer & Associate Producer, (and social media/marketing guru,) has been working to help us with the crafting of our story and maximize our overall outreach. He has been like the Swiss Army Knife of our core team slicing, dicing, splicing and making incredible magic happen.
- @andrarchy, Executive Producer, has been contributing amazing ideas in the areas of script creation, film funding, content creation, and stunt choreography (to just name a few).
- @nickytothenines, Lead Growth-Hacker, is working to find exciting, smart, and creative ways to promote the film. He just scored a potentially huge opportunity that we’re excited to have him share with you when the time is right.
- @bakerchristopher, Star & Writer, has begun scripting scenes for the trailer and immersing himself in the role of Vangelis.
- @jowvic, Cinematographer, has been busily crafting the visual landscape for the trailer.
We also have an entire team of talented Steemians who are working together to help create derivative content for the project. We can tell you, with zero reservations, that the submissions we’ve received have been tremendous! We can’t wait to share with you the crème de la crème of these very soon!
Which reminds us..Do you have ideas on how you’d like to contribute to our HardFork Film Series? If so, just write a post containing the ideas for your contribution and tag it with #hardforkseries. The team is reading each post with this tag and if it’s an idea we can use you’ll receive a special invite to our HardFork Universe Slack group to interact with our core film team one-on-one.
What Are Our Goals for this Week?
- Continue to polish the script.
- Release one of Doug and Eric’s short stories
- Publish an exciting announcement!
- Continue our outreach efforts to educate people
Yours in the chain,
The HardFork Team
@HardFork-Series is an upcoming narrative film mini-series with a decentralized filmmaking approach to be produced in New York City and around the world, the team includes writer @ericvancewalton, writer/director @dougkarr, star and writer @bakerchristopher, writer @the-alien, executive producer @andrarchy, growth hacker @nickytothenines, the amazing HardFork-Universe crew, and the entire Steemit community. Please reach out to any and all of us to get involved, or simply reply below and we'll reach out!
We'd also love it if people posted about their ideas on Steemit using the #hardforkseries tag, we just want to point out that in order to avoid any liability that we will be assuming everything posted within that tag is intended to be a derivative work of the HardFork series and so the HardFork team cannot be liable for any apparent similarities between the content and the final product.