As I wrote a few times, Bankera (formerly known as Spectrocoin) is launching a crypto powered bank. They had one of the most successful ICOs for their token, BNK, with more than $100 million raised and more than 100,000 subscribers (which probably makes it the biggest ICO in terms of participants).
One of the parts of the ecosystem Bankera is building is an exchange. Primarily, it will be used for exchanging BNK (or BTC / ETH / NEM) to fiat, but it may also be used to trade different crypto pairs together.
I recently contacted the representative of this exchange, with the intention to propose STEEM as one of their listed tokens. What I learned is that they are open to list new tokens, but the actual application must be done by the "token creator". By that I think they mean some official representative. Although I am witness on the STEEM blockchain for more than a year, I don't think I qualify as "an official", hence the reason for this post. While I can't make the proposal, I volunteer myself to help them set up the exchange node.
But first of all, let's see what are the potential advantages of STEEM being listed on this exchange (which is in demo at this moment, will be launched officially in a few weeks).
Why Another Exchange For STEEM?
- the more, the merrier, having multiple points of exposure to the market can only help STEEM
- Bankera ICO had more than 100,000 subscribers, which, most likely, will want to at least try to trade their tokens for a while. Exposing STEEM to a potential market of 100,000 potential traders would be an interesting experiment
- the future exchange will belong to a "crypto bank", that means the path STEEM - fiat can be shortened drastically by being on their exchange from day one
- maybe other, potential deals: Bankera became known first for their Spectrocoin crypto cards, and, who knows, maybe this listing on their exchange can open discussions for having a STEEM wallet on their Spectrocoin product as well (which, by the way, already has a working IBAN attached - and, according to Bankera officials, new, contactless cards will be distributed to previous Spectrocoin holders in the following months)
How To Do It?
Do NOT fill this in if you have no association with Steemit, or if you're a regular Steemian, they need an official representative to fill in that form!
2. Let us know you did that, so we can start promoting STEEM (there's no voting involved yet, but at least we can lobby).
What Can You Do?
If you're not one of those guys, try to push this post to a "decision factor" (that sounded awful, but couldn't find anything better) on Steemit INC.
Re-steem this, so we can gauge the sentiment on other Steemians (do they consider this as a good thing? if yes, do they have other, more direct ways to do it?)
I'm a serial entrepreneur, blogger and ultrarunner. You can find me mainly on my blog at Dragos Roua where I write about productivity, business, relationships and running. Here on Steemit you may stay updated by following me @dragosroua.
Wanna know when you're getting paid?
|I know the feeling. That's why I created steem.supply, an easy to use and accurate tool for calculating your Steemit rewards|