What is Godliness?
Pastor Godwin Ako Addo defines it as ''walking in God and pleasing God faithfully''
A perfect example is 'Enoch'. Enoch was translated into heaven because he walk and pleased God faithfully.
Marks of Godliness
- Fear of God
- Love of God (1 John 4:8)
1John 4:8 (KJV)
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
- Desires of God (Psalms 42:1&2)
- As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
- My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Hindrances of Godliness
- Fear of Persecution
- Wrong Association
- The mortal enemies: the world
The blessings in Godliness
- Godliness brings great gain
- Godliness leads to good interpersonal relationship
- Godliness is the key to overcoming worldliness
Thanks for reading.