alternative to Arduino IDE
If you had tried Arduino IDE, you will know that Arduino IDE could be one of the worst IDE. There is no code auto complete, all the files written in .ino format instead of .c or .cpp. In addition to that, you can only debug your code once you had compile it, and it only shows in command line, but not on the code editor itself.
PlatformIO could solve this pain! I had done a project with PlatformIO, where my codes are written in C++, and all the codes are seperated into individual files with Object Oriented concept.
PlatformIO is an ecosystem for building IOT project with Atom Text Editor. This project is open source and support more than 400 embedded boards including Arduino and Atmel chips.
- Open Source Github
- Integrated with IDE (Using Atom)
- Support code syntax highlighting, code autocomplete and compile time check.
- Error checking and display in the source code editor on which line the error is.
- Making multiple files for bigger project.
- Can directly transfer compiled code to the board.
This is a great open source tools integrated with Atom IDE, I had been successfully build a large scale IoT project with this library!
This is the project I had done with platform IDE, a solar boat with more than 10 sensors, using Arduino Mega.
This is posted on Steemhunt - A place where you can dig products and earn STEEM.
View on Steemhunt.com