An Open Source Server To Store Audio & Streaming Videos
Many of us would like to have our favorite music and video collection all in one place online so that we can have easy access to them. But the problem is that the file sizes of these mp3 and mp4 are so huge that we are unable to put them online for storage. This becomes a nagging problem, isn't it? And sometimes you may want to send a series of videos to a group of friends to watch together but we don't know where we can upload them on the net to make it easy for them to have access to these videos.
The Ampache Platform can help you solve storage problem.
This is a free open source software that is web based for you to store large collection of audio and video streaming. The file manager there allows you to store a large collection of all your favorite music and videos on the server. You can have access to all these large storage of files whenever you go online.
Apache is taken from 2 words:
The main objective of the software is to maintain a simple, secure and fast web front end that is able to run hardware on any platform that supports PHP.
There are 2 ways I use Apache Platform:
1. For Personal Use
- I store all my music collection here for personal entertainment.
- I store my personal videos and use this server to share these videos with my families and friends who live across the world.
2. As an Online Classroom for my Students
- As an online instructor, I use this Ampache's server to put my instructional videos here for my students.
- This can then serve as a little online classroom for my students to use for their learning.
- Students follow the curriculum material easily in the file manager folder.
- Links are made available so that students can have access to the video instructions for online learning.
- Ampache is also able to turn the text to speech like an audio book for students to listen to on the go.
- The platform allows students to watch these instructional streaming videos at their workstations and they can progress at their own pace.
- Students can watch these videos as many times as they wish to prepare for the final exam.
Open Source Github site: https://github.com/ampache/ampache
Let me know what you think of this!
This is posted on Steemhunt - A place where you can dig products and earn STEEM.
View on Steemhunt.com