Python "module" bypassing limitations of Twitter API
This one saved me during writing my thesis. I've been successfully using it for several months now. It allows to search tweets by following parameters and also to get tweets older than 2 weeks:
- setUsername (str): An optional specific username from a twitter account. Without "@".
- setSince (str. "yyyy-mm-dd"): A lower bound date to restrict search.
- setUntil (str. "yyyy-mm-dd"): An upper bound date to restrist search.
- setQuerySearch (str): A query text to be matched.
- setTopTweets (bool): If True only the Top Tweets will be retrieved.
- setNear(str): A reference location area from where tweets were generated.
- setWithin (str): A distance radius from "near" location (e.g. 15mi).
- setMaxTweets (int): The maximum number of tweets to be retrieved. If this number is unsetted or lower than 1 all possible tweets will be retrieved.
My thesis analyses sentiment over several years and Twitter Official API doesn't provide Tweets older than 2 wees. This is a GEM!!
This is posted on Steemhunt - A place where you can dig products and earn STEEM.
View on Steemhunt.com