Merchant of Manna
A platform for trading UBI crypto for products and services
To understand Merchant of Manna, you first need an explanation of Manna. Manna is a Universal Basic Income (UBI) cryptocurrency. People sign up on the Mannabase.com website and once they reasonably verify that they are human, they receive a share of Manna every week from that point on. There's no need assessment, everyone is entitled to a Manna wallet and weekly share.
Now that that's covered, Merchant of Manna is a platform that gives recipients of Manna a place to use it. Similar to Fiverr, merchants post up products or services that they offer which they are willing to accept Manna for. By doing this, they increase the circulation of and interest in Manna and other UBI projects.
- Manna is free so these goods and services are basically free too
- If you like the idea of UBI, platforms like these help spread the word
- This project could help with poverty reduction worldwide
- Easy to sign up and get started
- Simple payment methods via wallet transfers
- At the time of writing, the value of Manna is very low so purchases may be out of reach for many recipients
- There isn't much advertising or exposure for the website yet so there aren't that many merchants
- OpenBazaar may have a corner on the crypto-for-services market already
I like the idea and I hope that it catches on but I'm not 100% sure just yet that it will. What do you think?
This is posted on Steemhunt - A place where you can dig products and earn STEEM.
View on Steemhunt.com