WHAT IS AFRICAN SALAD?
African salad, traditionally(in igbo, Nigeria) called ABACHA or NSISA is made off from raw cassava.
HOW TO PROCESS RAW CASSAVA TO GET AFRICAN SALAD
Harvest the cassava and peel it
Wash it and cut for easy cooking
Cook for 20-30min
Allow to cool, then grate it to attractive slim shapes
Then sundry it to remove moisture/water
NOW, THE ABACHA IS READY,BUT NOT READY FOR EATING.
HOW TO MAKE ABACHA (AFRICAN SALAD) READY-TO-EAT IN TEN MINUTES
- Filtered potash
- Red oil
- Onion (sliced)
- Salt and Maggi to taste
- Sliced Ukazi
- Garden egg(sliced)
- livestock of any kind
- Get a mortar and a spoon,
- Pour in the potash into the mortar, add oil to it , and stir,
- Add salt, maggi and pepper to taste and stir,
- Add Abacha and stir,
- Dish out in a plate, then,
- Place Onion, ugba, ukazi, garden egg, and livestock on the Abacha