- Will be shutting down Steemfiles it has become an economic white elephant: Votes used to cover the costs but sales were never enough and were more often people trying out the system.
- Technically the site worked but economically it was a dependent on the Steem blockchain
- Barely breaking even before the last hard-fork. Now Steemfiles is just a dead weight. It is time to cut my losses
- An activity that constantly loses money is a hobby. An activity that constantly earns money is a business. Steemfiles is the former.
- Never trust any instrument to maintain parity with the dollar except for the dollar. Ahem... nubits and steem dollar.
- People will shamelessly upload things they don't own or otherwise abuse the system with files they cannot sell
Bitcoin 1Q1WX5gVPKxJKoQXF6pNNZmstWLR87ityw (too expensive to use for tips)
Get some Swift with an ad free faucet: https://www.swiftdemand.com/?referred_by=leprechaun