Another busy week. I managed to do a little kitesurf after my crazy coastal trip of 3 weeks ago. Wind was crazy stormy but nice to have a couple of hours away from it all and focus on one thing: Surviving the wind & water, while having fun doing so :) Back to that other thing now.... SteemFest!
- New names added to the SteemFest² site
- SteemFest's HF Hotels dedicated booking site closed, as announced before. No worries: Book directly through HF Hotels or via Booking.com. Act fast as prices will not go lower.... At time of writing cheapest option is 82 EUR.
- SteemFest Blockchain Hackathon on Wednesday 1 November announced
New names talking / performing at SteemFest² announced:
- @voronoi (US): Curious urbanist. Co-Founder of Sndbox
- @quinneaker (US): Visionary & Founder of the Garden Of Eden EcoVillage
- @the-alien (BR): (Ghost)Writer, entrepreneur, world traveler, blockchain and open-source enthusiast
- @timsaid (DE): Crypto Challenge, scientist, photographer and free runner
Week updatesCut the location video tour I did last week, will publish it next week. Wrote a press release in draft, discussed with Ned and some others. Shared with some outlets, will push more next week. Prepaid venues partly in order to reserve them. Also I got pretty hyped up by this idea coined by @originate to see about interest to do a 'SteemRally' - Gumball 3000 inspired roadtrippin through Portugal.
Had an IRL meetup with @peerplays about the sponsoring for the SteemFest Blockchain Hackathon, and they are going to! Also Decent and Bitshares are joining us for the hackathon (and Steemit obviously :D) Worked on the dedicated site for the hackathon and published it (read below about that).
24h session - 1 November - Cowork Lisboa @ LXFactory
SteemFest Blockchain Hackathon Schedule:
Wednesday 1 November - 24 Hour Hackathon
CoWork Lisboa @ Lx Factory, Lisbon - see full schedule here.
Friday 3 November - Hackathon App Pitches
SteemFest Conference Day 2 venue: Montes Claros - Lisbon Secret Spot
Participation to the hackathon is free of charge and includes 24h food & beverage as well as drinks & afterparty on Friday 3 November.
Click here to register for the SteemFest Blockchain HackathonPlease note: a (free) hackathon ticket is NOT a valid entry for the full 5-day SteemFest conference.
More names and location updates to be announced :)
|1.||★★★||HF Music||brand new with a swimming pool on top|
|2.||★★★||HF Garden||build in 2008 with several awards and a city garden|
|3.||★★★★||HF Lisboa||cosmopolitan 4 star hotel with city garden and spacious lobby - this will be the SteemFest homebase|
|4.||★★★★||HF Urban||spacious rooms (at 500 meter walk from the above 3 hotels)|
Wishing you a great HOLDR weekend,
Greetings from Amsterdam,