SteemFest⁴ update: Conference Venue day 2 location - Steemit team represent - New names - Ticket Competitions
- Big Steemit Inc team attending SteemFest⁴
- Overview of SF⁴ competitions
- Reminder: book your hotelroom Link 1, Link 2, sooner rather than later
Excuse me skipping a week. On a personal level much had been going on preparing for our longer trip to Thailand and onwards after SteemFest. We are going to rent out our apartment in Amsterdam for the first time, so I was doing all kinds of overdue errants, small and large repairs, meh. Also we have met with the broker who is going to advertise and intermediate with potential candidates for living in our place while we roam planet earth.
With that done, I'm now moving over to ordering first items for SteemFest, printed matters, wristbands and such. Also I did quite some work on the maps which will be included in the SF booklet and mobile app. I'm also still planning some logistics for the event and very much looking forward to our departure to Bangkok in 4 weeks from now. The first 2 weeks in BKK we (we are with a family of 4) will be staying a bit outside of the city, which means I'll be heading in and out of the city on a daily basis, and considering renting a motor/mopedbike for that. After that, 1 week before SteemFest starts we'll be moving into the Prince Palace Hotel ourselves!
Introducing Conference Venue Day 2 - Warehouse 30
Situated in Bang Rak, very close to the River City mall, is a former array of warehouses turned into a commercial real estate area with boutique shops and art gallery, without losing touch to its origins. This area is the fruition of Bangkok's self pro-claimed "Politically incorrect architect", who's firm is also designing the new airport's terminal. Cosy located near the Chao Praya river, the warehouses house a community arts space with vendors, galleries, food & films.
It is here where in one of the Warehouses we'll have another day full of presentations. Depending on the program we can overflow in the coffee shop's additional presentation zone and the outdoor space will serve as breaks area where our dedicated catering company will serve Thailand's finest food.
Great news arrived earlier this week: A big team from Steemit Inc will be heading to Bangkok to attend and present at SteemFest. Previously confirmed were the attendance of @elipowell and @andrarchy, but I am happy to announce the following new speakers for SteemFest 4:
New speakers announced (Steemit Inc Exclusive this one :P)
- @doxie-tx (US), Head of Operations, Steemit, Inc
- @justinw (US), Head of Engineering, Steemit, Inc
- @vandeberg (US), Senior Blockchain Engineer, Steemit, Inc
- @gerbino (US), Blockchain Engineer, Steemit, Inc
- @roadscape (US), Senior Product Engineer, Steemit, Inc
Already announced Steemit, Inc team members:
- @elipowell (US), Managing Director, Steemit, Inc
- @andrarchy (US), Head of Communications, Steemit, Inc
SteemFest already offered you a great change to meet a great bunch of Steemians and with this announcement you know you can come up & close with the core devs and other Steemit Inc members as well. Discuss the EIP, rant about what happened with the hardforks and chain halts, think along, and learn about the work on Smart Media tokens.
Overview of ongoing SteemFest 4 competitions
- SteemFest sponsor @smooth is handing out 2 SteemFest tickets - see his post about it here: https://steemit.com/steemfest/@smooth/2019-steemfest-ticket-contest
- TravelFeed is presenting at SteemFest. In order to celebrate that they are doing a give away together with @Blocktrades: https://steemit.com/travelfeed/@travelfeed/blocktrades-anomadsoul-travelfeed-steemfest-ticket-giveaway
- @steemhunt + @blocktrades: https://steemit.com/reviewhunt/@steemhunt/invite-new-hunters-makers-to-reviewhunt-and-win-a-steemfest-ticket-accommodation-or-two-winners
- @actifit + @blocktrades: https://steemit.com/sfwithactifit/@abh12345/actifit-and-blocktrades-steemfest-4-contest-status-update-11
- SteemFest tickets will see a price hike in 2 weeks time on friday 27 september (!)
- Book your hotelroom before they run out: November the tourist season starts in Bangkok and Prince Palace is, thanks to it's affordability, pretty popular. Booking Link 1 - Hotel Tower 1, Booking Link 2 - Hotel Tower 2
Thanks, that's it for now, have a nice weekend,