Barely 24 hours ago we started the final feast of SteemFest² in the Estufa Fria (aka "Jurassic Park" as it was called by some of you :D). It was an emotional end to a great short week full of crazy people in Lisboa. As nights became shorter and days intenser I was also a bit happy to see the week come to an end to be honest :) Totally stacked up with Pastel de Nata custard pies, eyes half shut and with a great expansion of memories and experiences, I'm back in the south of Portugal (with the fam ofcourse) for 1 week of decompressing before heading to the Northern European winter.
I really want to thank you, all 311 ticket buyers and 295 checked-in people for giving me the trust and come to check what "that SteemFest" is all about. For me it was so rewarding to see you enjoying the whole thing. I mean... in the summer i was visiting all venues (and more, some who dropped of the list) and then you are just walking around alone. Then the event happens and you see the smilies, the meets, you hear the stories of people becoming friends through SteemFest, I mean that's really fricking cool to be honest and gives me a warm feeling (or is the fireplace in my back which we lit to heat up the bit-what moisty house)...
It is really humbling (and pressuring too) to see people flying in from anywhere (38 countries of origin this year (vs. 31 last year)!) but especially the ones taking the leap from 5000+ miles away to meet fellow steemians. Stories of people taking one-way tickets to Europe, people hitchhiking 2000 miles, people sleeping in the park to save up, wow, wow, wow. Your thank you and applause yesterday meant and means a lot. This vibe, this unique gathering of unique souls, this weird bunch of eclectics, it makes me want to look to the next places to go to (but first do some feedback round) for SteemFest³.
Thank youssss! Steem, steem, steem, steem, steem!
- Heleen and Viggo for accepting me not being there for them for a shitload of days
- Steemit inc. for being the main sponsor
- The hackathon sponsors: DECENT, Bitshares and Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association
- The individual whales: @abit, @arhag, @pharesim, @riverhead, @smooth, @wackou and @wmougayar
- The platinum support ticket buyers: @blocktrades, @exyle, @gandalf, @good-karma, @grumlin, @jerrybanfield, @lafona, @nanzo-scoop, @phelix, @vandeberg and @vi1son
- The crew led by @firepower with @anyx, @foxxycat, @poezio, @raz @sjennon @things and unexpected help from @theowlhours, @varunpinto and @wandereronwheels for the whole event logistics support.
- @TerryBrock for hosting Room number 2
- Help from @juanmiguelsalas for the animations used in upcoming movies and excerpts
- @good-karma for the mobile app and gazillions of app resubmissions
- @mynewlife for (hopefully :D) making a great after movie
- All the garden of Eden people @everlove @saramiller and @quinneaker with help from @lifemovedbysteem and @opheliafu for the Art at Steemfest setup
- @sneak and @ned for helping out with the program
- My lil bruv Tony and his gf Stefanie for the pancakes on the LX Market
- @shourai for the livestreams
- All 45 speakers and performers of this edition
THANK YOU, you made it happen for all of us!
For me it's now paying some (errrr... many :D) bills, the calculations of the @T-R-F fund and payouts, but most of all enjoying the #SteemFest tag and see how you experienced the event. And then recovering, surviving New Year and slowly starting to plan the next event :D
Did I already say "thank you?".... THANK YOU! see you next year,