Welcome to Day 2 of the Steem Decathlon #2!
Contest: Baby Needs a new pair of Shoes
It's the final wee of preseason in the NFL, very warm and making some wish for later in the seasobn. Base on that', the trivia questions are on the cold side of the seasons...
So let's get started with preseason picks!
So time for our Week Number 2 NFL football themed contest...
- Every participant must complete all the tasks in this list for their entry to be valid.
- If you violate any of the instructions in this list your entry will not be valid.
- You can only have 1 entry.
- If you won a prize in the last time you played in the Steem Decathlon you are required to power up AT LEAST 40% of the rewarded Steem. Please note you just are not required to keep re powering it up. You are doing this to build the community and build the Prize Pools. Considering all winners will be doing the same the Prize Pools will increase dramatically over time.
- Upvote and resteem this post, and follow me before you put your entry in, so we can get your friends invited, build the reward pool, and so you know when the next event winners are announced.
- You must make your entry prior to your picks start time.
- DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS TO THE TRIVIA HERE (automatic disqualification)
- Setup a Blog Post with the following Title:
SteemDecathon S02SteemDecathon S02D02E02 Baby Needs a new Shoes! - Theme - 'NFL Labor Day Picks" - Thinking of cold. - Entry"
- And set the first tag #steemdecathlon
In the post you will make a list of your 5 picks, (labeled q1 to q5) followed by the answers to the 8 Trivia Questions (labeled q6 to q13)…..
To start you need to pick 5 games from list of games this week.
NFL Games to pick from Preseason week 4
|Visiting Team||Home Team|
|a1||Detroit Lions||@||b1||Cleveland Browns|
|a2||Cincinnati Bengals||@||b2||Indianapolis Colts|
|a3||Atlanta Falcons||@||b3||Miami Dolphins|
|a4||Philadelphia Eagles||@||b4||New York Jets|
|a5||New York Giants||@||b5||New England Patriots|
|a6||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||@||b6||Jacksonville Jaguars|
|a7||Pittsburgh Steelers||@||b7||Carolina Panthers|
|a8||Baltimore Ravens||@||b8||Washington Redskins|
|a9||Chicago Bears||@||b9||Buffalo Bills|
|a10||Houston Texans||@||b10||Dallas Cowboys|
|a11||New Orleans Saints||@||b11||St. Louis Rams|
|a12||Tennessee Titans||@||b12||Minnesota Vikings|
|a13||Kansas City Chiefs||@||b13||Green Bay Packers|
Choose 5 game winners (Q1-Q5) use the code to represent them
Answer the following 7 questions Q6-Q13
Q6. The coldest non-dome Super Bowl played outdoors had a tempature of:
Q7. which superbowl quaterback always wore gloves when playing cold weather games
Q8. Lowest average temperatures in regular-season home games in December/January since the 2000 season.
a. Cincinati Bengals
b. New England Patriots
c. Cleveland Browns
d. Buffalo Bills
e. Green Bay Packers
Q9. Essentially, How many cold-weather cities with open-air stadiums exist?
"Q10. In National Football League lore, the Snowplow Game was a regular-season game played by New England Patriots on December 12, 1982, at Schaefer Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. The stadium's snowplow operator, Mark Henderson, cleared a spot on the snowy field specifically for New England kicker John Smith so he could kick the game-winning field goal to give the Patriots a 3–0 win. Who was the cheated opponent…
a. Clevland Browns
b. New York Jets
c. Buffalo Bills
d. Oakland Raiders
e. Miami Dolphins
f. Baltimore Colts
"Q11. In January 2016, When the Vikings and Seahawks kicked off to begin Sunday’s playoff game in Minnesota,
the temperature was six degrees below zero, making it the third-coldest game in NFL history.
what froze and broke when they went to use it.
a. Heated Seat for Seahawks players
b. footballs filled with humid air
c. gatorade dispenor
d. Horn for Vikings
e. Forced air hand warmers for Vikings
"Q12. It was a cold day when the sack exchange ended just like beatles over a woman.
So what femme fatale got in the head of the Jets Defensive line.
a. Barbie Bentin
b. Farrah Faucette
c. Linda Carter
d. Bridgette Nielsan
"Q13. In National Football League (NFL) lore, the Freezer Bowl was the 1981 American Football Conference (AFC) Championship Game.
The game, won by the Bengals, 27–7, was played in the coldest temperature in
NFL history in terms of wind chill.
Air temperature was -9 °F (-22.8 °C),
but the wind chill, factoring in a sustained wind of 27 miles per hour (43 km/h), was -37 °F or -38.3 °C (calculated as -59 °F or -50.6 °C
using the now outdated wind chill formula in place at the time). The game was played at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium,
what team lost the game
b. san diego
e. kansas city
10) Make sure to only place you answers on your blog post. After you make your blog post, reply to this post with a link to your post Every correct answer and pick gets a point, rain outs win 0 points. Each point will equate to a participation point, so answer the questions to appear on the leader boards.
11) I will announce the winners a few days after it is over in a post with the words [RESULT] infront of the title. The reward pool distribution will come out shortly after 7 days when the upvote rewards on this post are sent to me.
12) One new rule anyone getting less than 50% right in the Answers will get participation points and contest points for the overall leaderboard, but can not win a reward for that event. Monies will be used to promote future events.
13) The top 3 places will split the reward pool for this event 50, 30 , 20 (you can only win one reward per event). If 2 players tie then the first to have posted will be set to the top position.
14) Points will be distributed as outlined in the FAQ. The winners will be announced here and the leaderboard will be on Steeminati.com after the events close.
Want to help out contact me on the discord channel