MAINTAINING A JOYFUL LIFESTYLE
TEXT:Isaiah 12:1-3 KJV
And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord , I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
To be Joyful means to be cheerful,excited and enthusiastic. It also means having a lively countenance that expressses the true state and condition of the heart.
In the third verse of the twelve chapter of Isaiah,we see that there are wells of salvation. The well of salvation refers to the benefits and blessings of salvation. Notice that it is "WELLS" not " WELL", that means there are lots of benefits that accompanies salvation which includes forgiveness, eternal life( both here and with God),healing and health,financial and material blessing,divine protection,divine wisdom,knowledge and intelligence and lots more.
Many are born again but not all are enjoying the benefits of salvation. The above scripture shows us one of the Kingdom mystery that grant us access to the wells of salvation,which is JOY.
Joy is one of the currency with which we purchase the products of God,joy is the key that grants access to the numerous benefits of salvation.
Joy is associated and connected with the Holy Spirit.
- Joy attracts the Holy Spirit. Acts13:52. Where there is joy,you won't look for the Holy Spirit.
- Joy is an anointing. Isaiah 61:3. The oil of joy is the answer to the spirit of mourning.
- Joy is one of the attributes and nature of God. Zephaniah 3:17.
-Joy is the second fruit of the Holy Spirit after love. Galatians 5:22.
- The Kingdom of God is characterised with Joy in the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:17.
The Holy Ghost and Joy and connected and can't be separated. Where there is joy, you will find the Holy Ghost there. So anything after your joy is after your anointing,spirituality and the divine presence of God you carry. The Holy Spirit is allergic to the atmosphere of bitterness,depression,contention,tension,anger,un forgiveness,sorrow and discouragement.
PRODUCTS OF JOY.
when you maintain a joyful attitude,the following will be the result.
- Joy activates divine life. Psalm 16:11. The path of life is the presence of God and the access to that road is Joy. To be joyful is stir up ZOE, the God kind of Life. Anything or anyone attacking your joy is attacking your life. Be careful.
- Joy imparts supernatural strength. Nehemiah 8:10,Psalm 21:1. To be joyful is to be full of energy and vitality. Bitterness and sorrow sponsors weakness and Joy brings strength. What ever attacks your joy is after your strength.
- Joy grants access to the presence of God. Psalm 100:1-4, 89:15. To be joyful to be constantly allowed into the presence of God and courts of heaven. Depression and bitterness drives God's presence away and denies you access into his presence. Depression and bitterness blocks you from entering into Gods presence.
- Joy brings deliverance. Psalm 100:44. To allow anger,bitterness and depression is to enter into bondage and captivity. Bitterness is a major gateway into the realm of bondage. Where ever you see bitterness,you won't look for captivity. It will be there in abundance. Joy brings deliverance,Joy is a bondage terminator.
- Joy grants you access to your inheritance. Psalm 105:45. The benefits of salvation we talked about are your inheritance in Christ Jesus, to be joyful is to inherit and take what rightfully belongs to you. Sorrow denies you access to what belongs to you. Whatever attacks your joy is denying you access to your inheritance.
- Joy produces the atmosphere of praise that produces victory in battle. Psalm 149:1-7. The atmosphere of Joy gurantess victory through praise. When you praise God joyfully in the face of battle,victory is sure and guaranteed.
- Joy releases the glory of God. 1 Peter 1:8. The glory of God is the manifestation of the totality of God, the manifestation of the essential nature of God,the manifestation of the person,presence,character and power of God. Inside the glory of God is the termination of shame and reproach,inside the glory of God is your riches,inside the glory of God is power. To be joyful is to be gloryful. To be full of joy is to be full of glory and that connotes being full of God also.
- Joy brings refreshing. Romans 15:32. Depression,anger and sorrow makes you look older than your age. Those always angry always looks old. Joy supplies refreshing and ensures you stay refreshed.
- Joy is medicine. Proverbs 17:22. Joy is medicinal. Joy brings healing. Anytime you are joyful, you are taking health pills. Joy brings health.
- Joy affects your countenance. Proverbes 15:13. The very first place people express the state of their mind is on their face. When the face is constantly subjected to frowning and unnecessary squeezing,the end result is a wrinkled, old,haggard looking face. Being joyful keeps your looks fresh and young.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT BEING JOYFUL.
- Lack of joy breaks you down. Proverbs 15:13. When your spirit is broken,of course your body will follow that direction
- Produces weakness. Proverbs 17:22. Lack of joy brings weakness. You don't look for weakness where there is no joy.
- Troubles your body. Bitterness troubles your body. It brings sickness and disease. Hebrews 12:15. When you allow unnecessary worries and bitterness, it troubles your body. You won't beg for affliction.
- Defiles you. Hebrews 12:15. Bitterness defiles your body. It pollutes and contaminates you.
HOW TO MAINTAIN A JOYFUL LIFE.
- Be born again. Psalm 52:12. The gateway into a joyful life is being born again. The joy of salvation is received at new birth. You don't pray for it,it just flows.
- Be full of the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:7,Acts 13:52. To be full of the Holy Ghost is to be full of Joy.
- Addiction to the word of God. Jeremiah 15:16. When you find his word ,you find your joy. Staying in Gods word ensures you stay in joy. To be wordful is to be joyful. To be full of word is to be full of joy.
- Hang around joyful people. Psalm 89:15, 98:8. Avoid depressed atmospheres. There are lots of pessimistic people our there looking for joy to steal and kill. Run away. Look for people that keeps you happy and joyful.
No body has and will ever take responsibility to keep you joyful. It is no one's business. Happiness is a choice you must make.
Receive the oil of Joy in the name of Jesus Christ.