A few days ago, @berniesanders created a post: Why aren't more of the top witnesses running/supporting full nodes?
That is a great question to be asking and an important conversation to have, although not the subject of this post. (For anyone wanting to discuss this topic, please see Bernie's post.)
The reason I brought it up was that it had a link to a list of "Current RPC Full Nodes", but unfortunately the list wasn't really current. I wanted to provide Bernie with an updated list, but I realized there really wasn't one.
Based on my research, I found five different sources of RPC node lists:
(1) Steem.center (@someguy123 and @wagnertamanaha)
(2) Full API Node Update posts (@holger80)
(3) geo.steem.pl (@jamzed)
(4) steemistry.com (@followbtcnews)
(5) Steem Developer Portal (@steemit)
Here are the nodes that were in the five lists:
I decided to go through all of the lists, combine them, and research which nodes were still active. Here are the results:
Supported / Still Active Nodes
- api.steemit.com (@steemit)
- api.steemitdev.com (@steemit)
- api.steemitstage.com (@steemit)
- api.steem.house (@gtg)
- appbasetest.timcliff.com (@timcliff)
- appbase.buildteam.io (@themarkymark)
- gtg.steem.house:8090 (@gtg)
- rpc.buildteam.io (@themarkymark)
- rpc.curiesteem.com (@curie)
- rpc.steemliberator.com (@netuoso)
- rpc.steemviz.com (@ausbitbank)
- steemd.minnowsupportproject.org (@followbtcnews)
- steemd.privex.io (@privex)
Note: In this context, "supported" does not necessarily mean that the node is online at this exact moment. (It is possible that nodes in this list are currently down for maintenance.) It just means that the nodes are still being actively maintained and supported by their operators.
Unsupported / Terminated Nodes
- node.steem.ws (@jesta)
- steemd.pevo.science (@pharesim)
- steemd.steemgigs.org (@surpassinggoogle)
- steemd.steemit.com (@steemit)
- steemd.steemitdev.com (@steemit)
- steemd.steemitstage.com (@steemit)
- seed.bitcoiner.me (@bitcoiner)
This node is listed in a lot of the RPC node lists, but it does not appear to be a "full node". I queried for account history data, and it returned an error that plugin was not enabled.
As far as I know, the "Supported / Still Active Nodes" list above is now the most accurate and up-to-date list of RPC full nodes. If anyone knows of any full nodes that are not in that list, please let me know.
I plan to submit a pull request to update the list of nodes in the Steem Developer Portal to match the "Supported / Still Active Nodes" list. I suggest that @someguy123, @wagnertamanaha, @holger80, @jamzed, and @followbtcnews make similar updates to their lists as well.