We are excited to announce that we have now launched a brand new steem.io website!
The steem.io website is one of the main sources of information for the Steem blockchain and STEEM currency. Many potential new users and investors will land there looking for information about what the Steem blockchain is, what it does, and whether they should get involved. It is important that we keep this website up to date with accurate information and present the blockchain in the best way possible so that we can get everyone as excited about the platform as we are!
Much of the information on the site has been updated, including:
- Smart Media Tokens (SMTs).
- “Proof of Brain” and the rewards algorithm that encourages content creation and curation.
- Steem vs. Bitcoin/Ethereum.
- Steemit.com - the first app on Steem.
- STEEM on Bittrex, Poloniex, and OpenLedger.
- Platform statistics.
- Steemit Wired.com article.
- The Steem community (a picture from SteemFest 2016).
- A link to the @steemitblog account, as well as the Steemit sub-Reddit, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- The steemd.com block explorer.
- The Dev Portal.
- The GitHub repository.
We plan to continue making additional changes to the site as well. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for changes or additional content. We also encourage users to submit pull requests to the steem.io GitHub repository with any changes they would like to make!
Now that we have the new website in place, we look forward to it becoming the go-to source for anyone interested in learning about the Steem blockchain and STEEM token. There are so many exciting things going on and steem.io will be a great tool for sharing them with the world!