- Will be shutting down Steemfiles it has become an economic white elephant: Votes used to cover the costs but sales were never enough and were more often people trying out the system.
- Technically the site worked but economically it was a dependent on the Steem blockchain
- Barely breaking even before the last hard-fork. Now Steemfiles is just a dead weight. It is time to cut my losses
- An activity that constantly loses money is a hobby. An activity that constantly earns money is a business. Steemfiles is the former.
- Never trust any instrument to maintain parity with the dollar except for the dollar. Ahem... nubits and steem dollar.
- People will shamelessly upload things they don't own or otherwise abuse the system with files they cannot sell
Also posted under leprechaun. I do control both accounts.
Bitcoin 1Q1WX5gVPKxJKoQXF6pNNZmstWLR87ityw (too expensive to use for tips)
Get some Swift with an ad free faucet: https://www.swiftdemand.com/?referred_by=leprechaun