Weekly link reports
The report for Week 2 for September is already available.
Linkback bot updates
- Linkback bot is now more efficient and uses less blockchain space by switching to markdown from HTML. Savings can reach 20-50% per comment. Thanks to @clayop for suggesting this feature!
- Fixed bug with false positives for link detection. Thanks to @timcliff for the bugreport.
- Some authors generating a lot of noisy links were excluded to increase signal/noise ratio.
Why build a linkback bot for Steem?
- To increase follower counts of related authors by providing additional discovery mechanism
- To increase payouts for authors of high quality collections and authors whose posts are included in collections
- To increase of number of posts linking out by providing incentives to do so
- To increase number of views per visit and time spent interacting with Steem
- To increase steemit.com traffic from search engines
- For fun and profit
At this moment linkback bot is still in alpha and runs with limited capacity.
Linkback bot is under development.
- Post language detection and bot i18n
- Author analytics
- Personal analytics
- Tag analytics
- Mention and linkbacks notifications by twitter, etc
- Possible link weighting by rewards
- Spam prevention features