When you are thinking of moving to Silicon Valley, the first step is to get a proper visa from the USA embassy. You should get an appropriate VISA besides of ETA, B1/B2 if you are going to stay longer than six months. (See the inserted picture)
With a US VISA, you have to take following actions in order.
- To book the airline ticket to get to the USA
- Packing up stuff to move and ship all the luggage to the USA (Assuming you wouldn't be able to know an address until you find a house you will live in)
- Onboarding to the Airline
- On arrival, you have to open a bank account since you have to spend all the expenses from now on; therefore, it is one of the most urgent things to do as soon as possible. You can find Bank of America's brand most frequently.
- Now, it is time to find a car because public transportation in Silicon Valley is not as good as in any other big cities and it is also quite expensive. If you have a family with children, you might as well buy two cars, one for a primary vehicle and the other for a secondary one.
- You should also register two cars to the California DMV, which stands for Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Now, it is time to find a house you will resident. That is the most critical moment to make a right decision considering your budget and educational environment and some other factors that you would really care for. The duration of a leasing contract usually is one year, and it is likely to be a hassle to move once you settled down in an area.
- With a leasing contract and some proofs of your residency, you should go to the public school districts and submit to be allocated to a school in that area.
- You also need to make a contract for car insurance as well as renter insurance. (There are several large insurance companies, but State Farm and Farmers insurance are most common in California)
- And now, you will purchase things like furniture, electronic appliances including others to live.
You have to take a driving test to get a driving license which will be your photo ID. A driving test is included both in written exam and field driving test. (I am going to cover all the details later posting)
You become a US residency.
You can follow the reverse way if you go back to your country.