I chose this beer because of the fun name and label design. Also, I thought it said "Great Pale Ale." As it turns out, it actually says "Gruit Pale Ale."
What the heck is "gruit"? Apparently, gruit is a herb mixture used for bittering and flavouring beer, popular before the extensive use of hops. For this particular beer, the gruit contains ginger and orange peel.
The label on the bottle says:
Spicy Sveta combines American pale ale and ancient gruit ale tradition in a fruity and refreshing way.
Indeed, the beer had a slight hint of fruity smell and flavor. I liked it. At least it was much better than yesterday's beer. And, it went well with this evening's beef burrito dinner.
Here are the rules of the challenge:
- You have to try a new beer every day, for 7 days
- The beer must be something you have never tasted before
- You must put a photo of the beer and write a few words about it
- Nominate someone every day
- If you are a social outcast with no friends to invite you just join the fun. You have every excuse to drink
- Use the tag "#sevendaybeerchallenge" as one of your five tags.
Today, I nominate @wolfhart.