What are Binaural Sounds and what are the for?
The binaural sounds or binaural beats are a relatively recent hearing technique. It was discovered by the physicist, climatologist and meteorologist Heinrich Wilhelm Dove . Towards the end of the century Heinrich asserted that binaural sounds were a method of alternative medicine since they can help stimulate relaxation, meditation, creativity, concentration and many other mental states .
To understand what are the binaural sounds or binaural beats you have to understand how our brain works. The human brain functions much like a computer's microprocessor. In the same way that the performance of a microprocessor can vary from 0 Hz to 4 GHz, as is the case of the Intel - Core ™ i7 - 4790K 4.0GHz processor. Similarly the brain works in 4 states mainly and each emits a certain brainwave frequency.
Frequencies or brain waves
Although the frequencies that our ears can perceive range from 20Hz to 20,000Hz the frequencies in which our brains work vary from a range of 0Hz to 40Hz and are divided into four categories mainly and those are: Delta that is when we sleep, Theta when we are in meditative or trance state, Alpha when we are awake and alert but, in turn, relaxed and quiet, and Beta that happens when we are awake , assets and alerts.
The technique of pulses or binaural sounds happens when we hear in each ear a different frequency . The binaural pulse is generated by the difference of frequencies in the ears thus generating a third frequency in the brain, thus altering the state in which our brain works. It is so through this technique, commonly known as binaural beats , we can alter the functioning of our brain at pleasure .
For this we need to listen with two-channel hearing aids or stereo sound two different but similar tones so similar that their difference is within the frequencies that our brain handles, for example if we play the frequency 325Hz in the left ear and 315Hz in the right frequency or brain wave to which the brain would enter would be 10Hz which is an alpha frequency and serves to being in a very relaxed but alert state at the same time, very useful to work or study .
What good is all this for me? What is the use of changing the frequency at which my brain works?
Well, then, the brain is affected by these binaural beats and depending on how often it goes down or up the brain's functioning is the effect it will have on our organism, both mind and body . Its effects vary from a whole range of effects for example it can be very helpful if we need energy, concentration, relaxation, study, relieve pain, sleep etc.
Here is a list of the main frequencies and what each one serves for:
Delta waves (O.5 to 4 Hz)
- 0.5 Hz - Relaxation, helps relieve headaches.
- 0.5-1.5 Hz - Relief of pain. the release of endorphins.
- 0.9 Hz - Feeling of euphoria.
- 1 Hz - Well-being. Harmony and balance.
- 2.5 Hz - The production of endogenous opioids (analgesics, reduce anxiety).
- 2.5 Hz - Relieves migraine pain. It produces endogenous opiates.
- 3.4 Hz - Helps to get a good night's sleep.
- 3.5 Hz - Feeling of unity with everything. Feedback to be whole.
- 3.9 Hz - Self renewal, improved inner awareness.
- 4.0 Hz - Enkephalin release from reduced stress.
- 4.0 Hz - Allows brain to produce enkephalins that are the natural killer of pain
- 4.0 Hz - Exploration of complete memory and enkephalins.
- 4.0 Hz - Vital for memory and learning. Problem solving, object of nomenclature.
- 1-3 Hz - Deep relaxation, a restful sleep. Tranquility and peace.
Theta waves (4 to 8 Hz)
- 4.5 Hz - Bring on the shamanic / Tibetan state of consciousness, Tibetan chants.
- 4.9 Hz - Induce relaxation and deep sleep.
- 4.9 Hz - Introspection. Relaxation, meditation.
- 5 Hz - Reduces sleep required. Theta replaces the need for a broad sleep.
- 5.35 Hz - Allows for relaxing, free and efficient breathing.
- 5.5 Hz - Inner guide, intuition.
- 6.5 Hz - Theta frequency center. Activates creative frontal lobe.
- 7.5 Hz - Activates creative thinking for art, invention, music. Problem solving.
- 7.5 Hz - Easy to overcome annoying problems.
- 7.83 Hz - Schumann resonance earth. Grounding, meditation, leaves you revitalized.
- 3-8 Hz - Deep relaxation, meditation. The lucid dream.
- 3-8 Hz - Increased memory, attention, creativity.
- 4-7 Hz - deep inner peace, emotional healing. Reduces mental fatigue.
- 4-7 Hz - Deep meditation, brain waves short sleep.
Alpha waves (8 to 12 Hz)
- 8-10 Hz - Super-learning of new information, memorization and comprehension.
- 8.22 Hz - Associated with mouth. brings creativity.
- 10 Hz - Improved serotonin release. Elevation of mood, excitement, stimulant
- 10 Hz - Provides lost sleep relief, improves overall mood.
- 10 Hz - Stimulates good mood. It is used to drastically reduce headaches.
- 10 Hz - Clarity, subconscious correlation. Releases of serotonin.
- 11 Hz - Relaxed state still awake.
- 12 Hz - Centered, mental stability.
- 11-14 Hz - Greater attention and awareness.
- 12-14 Hz - Learning Frequency, good for absorbing information passively.
Beta waves (13 to 30 Hz)
- 14 Hz - Awakening, alert. Concentration on tasks, focus, vitality.
- 16 Hz - Low in the audience range. Releases oxygen / calcium into cells.
- 12 - 15 Hz - relaxed focus, enhances attentive skills.
- 13-27 Hz - Promotes focused attention to external stimuli.
- 13-30 Hz - Problem-solving, conscious thinking.
- 18-24 Hz - Euphoria, can lead to headaches, anxiety.
As you can realize the power alter in the state in which our brain is working can be very convenient at times.
For example, if we have a test the next day and need to concentrate and study then listening to a binaural beat that makes the brain enter the Alpha frequency from 8Hz to 10Hz would help us to concentrate and study better.
(video from The Brainwave Hub)
Or for those nights of insomnia where we can not sleep no matter how much you try, Binaural pulses we can be very useful to fall asleep is enough listen to a binaural sound that drops the brain to Delta preferably at 3.4Hz for deep, restful sleep.
(Video source from: Eric Bartel)
The easiest and most free way to get binaural beats is by doing a quick search on YouTube . Just look for something like "binaural beats to study" or "binaural beats to sleep" .
So you already know how to play with your brain for whatever it is you need. Finally all you need to know is that they need to be used with stereo earphones and for safety reasons people with epilepsy should not use binaural beats since it can trigger some unwanted reaction , outside of this they are safe and can help us spend very pleasant or productive moments.
All my image sources are from Pinterest and Google.
If you liked this post please show us your support with an upvote and resteem, an if you would like to share your opinion with us please don't forget to leave a comment. Thanks for reading!