Pascal's law is the law that talks about fluid pressure in enclosed spaces. If a plastic bag containing water is hollowed with needles in some places, the water will gushed out. The emission will be stronger if the top of the plastic is pressed (squeezed). This indicates that the pressure is forwarded in all directions in water. Evidently, the emission of water that occurs stronger.
Pascal's law (also Pascal's principle or the principle of transmission of fluid-pressure) is a principle in fluid mechanics that states that a pressure change occurring anywhere in a confined incompressible fluid is transmitted throughout the fluid such that the same change occurs everywhere. Read more..
The above statement was first put forward by Blaise Pascal. After experimenting with the spraying device (Pascal sprayer), he states that the pressure applied to the liquid in a confined space is passed in all directions equally. Furthermore, the statement is known as pascal law.
If a fluid equipped with a movable suction, the pressure is determined not only by the weight of the fluid but also by the force exerted by the suction. Here is a fluid with two suckers with different cross-sectional areas. The first vacuum has a small cross-sectional area and the second vacuum has a large cross-sectional area.
The hydraulic pump uses the kinetic energy of the liquid pumped in a column and the energy is given a sudden blow to another form of energy (compressive energy). This pump serves to transfer the mechanical energy into hydraulic energy.
The hydraulic pump works by sucking the oil from the hydraulic tank and pushing it into the hydraulic system in a flow form. This flow is exploited by turning it into pressure. Pressure is produced by inhibiting the flow of oil in the hydraulic system.
Tools and materials
- Ice Cream Sticks
- 2 injections of 2 cm in diameter
- 2 injections of 1 cm in diameter
- A small hinge of 2 pieces
How To Make
- Firstly you create 2 pedestal bridges using ice cream sticks
- Then make 2 bridges using ice cream sticks and paste using glue. And you place the hinges between the bridges with the bridge pedestals
- Then paste the bridge on the Styrofoam so you prepare 1 syringe with a diameter of 1.5 cm and 1 pieces of injections 1 cm in diameter.
- Connect both ends of the syringe with the hose. Then glued the hose and syringe connection with the glue.
- Fill in the syringe and the hoses with water to the brim.
- Make sure that nothing is leaked when filled with water.
- Also make sure that the injecting valve A is at the top position and the B injector is at the bottom position.
- Then try pushing the injecting valve A down and see what happens, if the injecting valve B is pushed then the experiment succeed.
How it Work ?
After we make the hydraulic bridge. This hydraulic bridge will only work simultaneously if there is pressure applied to the injection A. So the way this bridge works is by pushing or giving force / pressure on both injections A together so that the bridge can be lifted together as well.
Easy work this miniature. When the injection A is given force simultaneously, the pressure will lead to the hypodermic B. When the injection valve A is pressed causes water to press the injection valve B so that the injection valve B rises. This is because the pressure on the water will be forwarded in all directions if it is in a confined space.
From that experiment, we can conclude that the pressure on injection A acts as a pascal law that creates force (F) for rotational motion which acts as a torque law on the injector valve B with a bridge so that the bridge can be lifted when injection A is given a boost. Hope you try it at home. Thanks.