This tofu is the perfect pair to vegetable fried rice. It’s got everything you could want out of a tofu marinade, with a combination of sweet, salty, and just a little spicy and a slight zippy tanginess.
The tofu is great, but honestly this marinade is so fantastic that I wanted to drink it up all on it’s own. In the future, I will definitely be using this marinade on roasted vegetables, tempeh, and pretty much anything I can get away with marinating.
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed and diced
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic salt, ginger, onion powder, ginger, turmeric, marjoram, and lemon juice. Whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade on to the tofu, stir to coat evenly. Marinate for a minimum of half an hour.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil. Add tofu to skillet and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to sit in the pan with the heat off for 5 minutes before serving.