Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to you: the veganized version of the yummy comfort food "Mac & Cheese"! The original contains cheese and butter and is anything but healthy or cruelty free. But my plant-based version is - it is not only vegan but also low fat and glutenfree. Enjoy!!!
[You can find a link to the German version of this recipe at the end of this post.]
- 500 g glutenfree pasta of choice
- 500 g potatoes
- 250 g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 handful of parsley (or arugula for a stronger taste)
- 200 ml water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika poweder (optional)
- Peel potatoes, cut into cubes and cook for around 10 minutes/until soft.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Put the water, chopped spinach, parsley, garlic and spices into a blender and blend smooth.
- Add the soft and cooled off potato cubes and the nutritional yeats and mix well.
- Drain the pasta, add the sauce and mix well.
- Optionally, add more nutritional yeast to taste.
You can find the German version of this recipe >>here<<.
If you like this recipe I'd appreciate your upvote, follow and resteem! 💚
I hope you'll give this yummy recipe a try and I can't wait to hear how you liked it!
Have a great day everyone!