Meringue At Home: Recipe
Meringue At Home
- 3 egg whites;
- 180 g of powdered sugar.
What else can you add to your meringue?
The taste and appearance of the classic meringue will help diversify:
- food extracts or flavors (vanilla, almond, mint, fruity and so on);
- food colorings (gel dyes will make the meringue more shiny, and powder - dull);
- fruit or vegetable juice;
- crushed nuts ;
- coconut shaving.
- Separate the proteins from the yolks. Beat the squirrels with a mixer first at a low speed for about 30 seconds. When the proteins just start to foam, increase the speed to medium and whisk until a thick white foam forms.
- Then gradually add the powdered sugar. Turn off the mixer and mix the base for the meringue with a spoon, collecting from the walls the protein mass that was sprayed during whipping.
- After that, whisk for a few more minutes at high speed. You should get a thick foam of a uniform consistency. Check the readiness of the basis for meringue, oddly enough, by raising the capacity with it upside down: the protein mass should remain in place.
- Put the prepared base in a culinary bag. You can do with an ordinary spoon, but the dessert will not be so beautiful.
- Preheat the oven to 100 ° C. Cover the baking tray with parchment paper and form a meringue on it.
- Put the baking tray in the oven for an average of 1-1.5 hours. The cooking time depends on the size of the meringue: the smaller they are, the faster they will be ready. For too large meringues, it takes about 2 hours.
- Do not open the oven during cooking. Due to the temperature difference, the meringue may crack. The finished meringue should be easily separated from the parchment.
- After cooking, turn off the oven, slightly open the door and leave the meringue inside until it cools down for a few hours.
Thanks for following.