Turkish BULGUR PILAF - Superfood Dinner | Bulgur Wheat PILAVI with TOMATOES.
Cook this delicious & healthy Turkish bulgur pilaf filled with aromas and amazing tastes of middle eastern cuisine. Serve a bulgur pilaf as a main or side dish.
• tomato – 14 oz / 400 g
• bulgur – 14 oz / 400 g
• green bell pepper – 5 oz / 150 g
• onion – 4 oz / 120 g
• garlic – 3 cloves
• tomato paste – 1,5 tbsp
• water – 1,7 pt / 800 ml
• vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
• ground black pepper – ½ tsp
• red chili flakes – ½ tsp
• salt – ½ tsp
You will need:
• pan or cauldron
• carving board
- Dice the onion, bell pepper and tomatoes, mince the garlic, rinse bulgur with warm water.
- Heat a pan with the vegetable oil and fry the onion over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, add the garlic and fry for a minute more over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Add the bell pepper and keep frying over medium heat for 3 minutes more.
- Then add the tomatoes and fry for 3 minutes over medium heat stirring.
- Add the tomato paste and fry stirring for a minute over medium heat.
- Add the salt, black and red pepper, stir, add the rinsed bulgur and 1,7 pt / 800 ml of water, stir, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid, cook for 35-40 minutes until readiness.
- Switch off the heat, stir neatly, cover with the lid and leave for 10 minutes.
- Serve the bulgur pilaf hot as a main dish or side dish to fish or meat.