Women in leadership roles
In the African customary society, leadership and the right to control were assigned to the menfolk alone Women had no right to power or leadership of any kind. This customary practice is a strong barrier to women in leadership roles Even though women are now allowed to take the lead in offices, they are rarely given the final lead positions.
The society still maintains the notion that a woman has no right to rule over a man. Most times, male workers feel humiliated, embarrassed or insulted by their Female leaders For every instruction or assignment she gives them. Female leaders tend to go through some unnecessary extra miles to prove and justify their opinions in offices before their ideas can be adopted. It really takes some great deal OF effort for a female leader to receive some obedience or loyalty h.ore her male subw-dinares.
As a leader, the business progress depends on her. And she must ensure that work is done in her area of administration. She must ensure by all means that there is work progress in her territory or else she stands the risk of Iosing her job or business. So she keeps fighting with her difficult male subordinates to get things done.
As a result OF frustration and in an effort to get their impossible subordinates to be more effective at work. women leaders tend to be aggressive and rule by the stick. They tend to be very intolerant and do not hesitate to punish any defaulting staff either according to organizations policy or any other means like verbal abuses, shouts and quarrels. This further causes a societal disapproval of women in leadership. Male leaders receive a much less resistance and high level oF obedience and corporation from dzeir subordinates and colleagues than women. You Inay rarely see a male boss being Frustrated by his work team.
Anna, an Architect had a tough time working as a supervisor in a Projet unit in which she was the only woman in the unit as well as the unit head. Arguments between her and her male colleagues were never ending. It was very difficult to convince them to accept instructions or ideas. At some point, there was some conspiracy against her. It was never fun being a leader as a woman until she learnt and adopted the principles of leadership by diplomacy. But that was not too long before she lost her J'ob to the conspirators.
In the customary societies leadership is for men alone. But in the career world leadership is for the most skilled. The office of a leader neither contains a man nor a woman, rather, it contains an authority which describes a set of rules and responsibilities that must be obeyed and executed.
Male workers who have female leaders and who feel embarrassed by the situation of being led by a woman must understand that a career environment is different from a home. In a home, a wife may owe that subjection to her husband as long as their marriage permits it. At work place he has no marriage relationship with his female leader or work team therefore he must not take leadership over his female colleagues neither do his female colleagues or leader owe him any personal Submission as he expects.
Previous text you can refer to
- The social dilemma about women in careers
- Womens first involvement in careers
- The first withdrawal of women from careers || part 1
ref:- Esther U. Okoye
About girls foundation
The girls foundation is a project set up to enlighten young ladies of their norms and value, advocate for the girl-child, encourage and support them with the little we can.We believe the girl-child can bring about change in our society. Women are essential to the nation because they take care of its children, the children are the future leaders of the nation, if you are familiar with the bible you must have heard of this verse “train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he won‟t depart from it”.Girls foundation was founded by a group of selfless ladies, it is a non�governmental organization and believes in decentralization.
- To enlighten youths of their purpose in life. We believe once you know the truth and purpose of your existence you are free, the journey to success and failure now lies in your hands.
- Rape free society- Rape is a sexual assault carried out against a person forcefully. The rate at which girls are being raped these days is alarming, we are also humans and we deserve respect. Most rape victims suffer from trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder, serious injuries and in some cases pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection.
- Fight against domestic violence- it is also known as intimate partner violence, domestic abuse or family violence; it's a form of violence committed in a domestic or family setting, such as in marriage or cohabitation. It is called intimate partner violence when committed by a spouse and called family violence when it involves the kids, parents or elders. Domestic violence has several effects on human that's is why girls foundation is picking it up. Effects of domestic violence
1.) Physical effect: This involves bruises round the victim, broken wrists, shortness of breath etc.
2.) Mental effect: This involves PTSD (post-traumatic stress),
pressing, drug abuse, suicidal thoughts etc.
3.) Emotional effect: This involves feeling unworthy, hopeless and not motivated etc.
4.)It affects the development of the kids and they suffer from
depression, anxiety, fear etc
Domestic violence always produces an international cycles of
violence. Funny, only few people see themselves as being abused; considering it as family matter.
- Girl education: Some people still believe that training a female child is a waste of time and money 'cause they feel she'd still end up in the kitchen, well sorry to disappoint you but ladies can do much more than just being house wives, lots of educated women are doing fine in our society today. Every child deserves equal right to education.We don't think anyone should be treated differently because of their gender, we are all one and it's high time we realized that.
The primary aim of the girls foundation is to enlighten youths and increase the awareness of the steem blockchain and steemit. Giving girls the ability to create wealth with their writing skills, without waiting for the government intervention.
We would so much be glad and grateful if you could support @girlsfoundation with your Delegation by simply clicking any of the preferred links below. Many Thanks for your support.
*Our utmost gratitude goes out to @adollaraday, @fundition, @wafrica and @surfyogi, @pennsif, @bleepcoin, @ackza and @riverhead @joythewanderer @adetorrent @demotruk for their support. We really appreciate your kindness.