We are the disciple of almighty God. He (God) knows everything. In the powerful work, Giving Ourselves to Prayer.I mention that Almighty is part of the fabric of the Bible: “ first mentions that ‘men began to call on the name of the Lord,’ and Revelation closes the Bible with the prayer, ‘Come, Lord Jesus'. The entire history of redemption is framed in prayer.
Why do we pray? Here are a few key reasons:
- We depend on God. He is our creator, He is our life. Through prayer, we receive his(God) love, happiness, the comfort, strength, and all the other resources we need in life, both naturally and spiritually. Prayer—relationship with God—is as necessary to the spiritual life as air is to the natural life.
- Prayer allows us to resist temptation. Jesus warned His disciples to “watch and pray, lest you enter into enticement”. Living a life except prayer can leave us weak and exposed, giving an opportunity for the foe to gain ground and potentially tempt us into sin.
- We love Him. Just as a man and woman in love desire to be together and communicate, so we, if we love our God, will desire to be with Him and to fellowship with Him in proportion to our love for Him.
- Prayer is essential for people to invite God to act in salvation. God gave the earth to Adam and his descendants, so we must invite our God to work here. If nobody invites Him to work on earth, Lucifer—the “god of this age” because of humanity’s universal rebellion will dominate human affairs, and eventually, the judgment of God will come. By inviting God to mediate often and specifically, multitudes can save who would otherwise be lost.
- God orders us to pray. “Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with gratefulness”. Jesus also had inspired His followers to pray: “Then He [Jesus]had spoken a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart”
The need to pray is as great as the authority of God, who orders us to “pray except ceasing” Prayer is so vital to all that He (God) wants to do on the earth, and it is so important to us, that He orders us to do it all the time. We should even deny ourselves food and sleep at times to pray more and with greater power.
In our prayer, only God helps us and protects us from all kind of dangers.