Far Away Stars
Beautiful as diamonds
Yet out of reach for they are far
What is a Cinquain?
A cinquain is a five-line poem that was invented by Adelaide Crapsey. She was an American poet who took her inspiration from Japanese haiku and tanka.
There are several form of cinquain, this particular one is consistent of the traditional form.
Sometimes iambic feet were used in these traditional cinquains, but it is not really a requirement of the structure.
Like the traditional haiku, a cinquain conform to strict syllabic requirement.
Syllables Per Line
- Line one had two syllables.
- Line two had four syllables.
- Line three had six syllables.
- Line four had eight syllables.
- Line five had two syllables.