Welcome to Pix Avenue!
'Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in the Philippines' is this year's international photography contest and crowdsourcing event in which Filipinos can upload their own pictures of historical buildings to Wikimedia Commons.
My sis @artgigs joined the contest, and with her hubby's help, uploaded her entries today:
These are historical buildings located in Central Luzon, Philippines that were constructed during the 1900s, renovated after World War II, and preserved for us to explore. You can visit them when you go to Clark Freeport, entering Angeles City or Mabalacat, in Pampanga.
HOW TO JOIN THE CONTEST
- Upload your entries to Wikimedia Commons using your own account
- Publish your work under Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license
- Your entries must be uploaded from September 1 to 30, 2018
- Images should be your own
- Images older than September 1-30, 2018 are allowed, but all entries must be new uploads to Wikimedia Commons
- You can upload images of any Philippine built heritage subjects
- 1st prize: GoPro HERO6 Black
- 2nd prize: Canon Selphy CP1200 Wireless Color Portable Photo Printer
- 3rd prize: Toshiba Canvio Advance 2TB Portable External Hard Drive
- Special Prize (for the participant with most number of quality photos uploaded): Toshiba Canvio Advance 2TB Portable External Hard Drive
Try your photography skills using your smartphone's camera. We are all welcome to participate!
*camera icon by SanityD - Dribbble
Don't forget, it's @pixavenue.
Have a good day wherever you are! 💖
Thank you and Mabuhay!