Sri Lanka Holiday
• March 2019
• 15 days travelling around Sri Lanka
• After an interesting holiday last year travelling from Azerbaijan, Georgia and finishing in Bulgaria, it was time for a change of scenery.
• The first part of the trip was full of temples etc and the latter part was more of beaches, countryside and local interaction.
• We were impressed with the variety of religious buildings and other historical sites spread throughout the country. It was only a couple of weeks after we returned to Australia when all the bombings occurred. With what we saw of the general population who were friendly and gracious with their interactions with us, it was something that was totally unexpected.
• Another thoroughly enjoyable trip in a country a little less frequented by the mainstream tourist. Although relatively poor the locals were friendly and hospitable and seemed to be happy enough with their lot in life. Some of our trip was on public transport including train and bus and was a great way to get a taste see how the local life.
• Activities included : Negombo fish market, Bodhi Tree Temple, Dambulla cave temples, Sigiriya, Temple of the Tooth, Cooking class in Bandarawela, hiking through mountain tea plantations, visit tea factory and an overnight stay in a jungle eco camp.
• Other things included a visit to an elephant rehabilitation park, an elephant safari, swimming in Marissa and a night staying in the precincts of the Galle Fortress.
• The food was great and added another level to our trip.
• Enjoy the photos
||Settings||1/80sec/f3.5/iso250/25mm||Camera||Sony A7ii||Lens||Sony FE24-240||Location||Sri Lanka|