Welcome to the Aloft @ Panama City! As an SPG Platinum member I get a few perks every now and then and this is a tribute to one of them. The little cheese/fruit plate and a letter from the staff welcoming me. I really like this small gesture and definitively a good snack to have when you’re arriving and might need to recharge quickly. Now, I like all SPG hotels and what the Aloft is set apart from the rest the SPG branded hotels here in Panama is… Price! It was the lowest price of them all (at the time of the post) but the best part is… if you have points this hotel only costs 2,000 SPG points! The cheapest category 1 and truly it is a very good bang for your buck. As any Aloft wanna be W hotel, the lobby wants to be a night club and sometimes they have events or concerts. I’ve only come across one but who knows… you may be lucky!
What I like about this hotel:
- Points cost
- Connected to the Sheraton and access to all their restaurants and shops
- Free parking garage for guests
- Only Casino I've made money in Panama
- Can walk to several restaurants in the area
What I don’t like about this hotel:
- No suite upgrades
- Beds are harder / less comfy than the Sheraton or Westin
- If you are frugal and paying with points, this is the hotel to stay at when in Panama City!
If you want to see the full size picture or other pictures I’ve taken, you can go ahead and click the image which will take you to my website!