Mr. Albert Einstein of Ulm, born 14 March 1879, attended the Cantonal School of Aargau, namely, the IIIrd and IVth class of the Commercial School.
On taking the written and oral exam of maturity on 18, 19 and 21 September, and on 30 September 1896, he received the following grades:
- German language and literature: 5
- French language and literature: 3
- English language and literature: —
- Italian language and literature: 5
- History: 6
- Geography: 4
- Algebra: 6
- Geometry (planimetry, trigonometry, stereometry and analytical geometry): 6
- Descriptive geometry: 6
- Physics: 6
- Chemistry: 5
- Natural history: 5
- In drawing: 4
- In technical drawing: 4
Based thereon he is issued the certificate of maturity.
Aarau, 3 October 1896.
(The President / The Secretary)