Stay tuned for more on this exciting development!
19 April 2017 – (London, England) – The OpenLedger Decentralized Conglomerate (DC), the world's first blockchain powered conglomerate, is based on BitShares technology, and supports an ecosystem which includes the OpenLedger DEX and OpenLedger’s Crowdfunding (ITO) Services.
As the OpenLedger DC is built on a permission based Bitshares Blockchain MIT Graphene Toolkit Technology, it has many advantages over Bitcoin technology. The BitShares blockchain platform is driven by a consensus mechanism and consists of a network of permission-less nodes networked together in a peer-to-peer (P2P) configuration.
Bitshares vs Bitcoin:
• Bitshares (BTS) is an ecosystem where Bitcoin (BTC) is a currency.
• BTS are faster than BTC to conduct transactions (BTS 3800 t/s vs BTC 1 per 10-15 minute)
• BTS offer market pegged assets, yet BTC does not. The BTS assets in the form of stablecoins (SmartCoins) fight the main problem of cryptocurrency - volatility. For example, if you buy 1 bitUSD, the value remains the same regardless of BTC movement.
• The BTS protocol is much secure than BTC protocol.
OpenLedger DEX vs. Other Exchanges
• OpenLedger is a Decentralized Exchange, meaning your accounts and funtionality are guarded by voted in witnesses and committee members, not one centralized one. Other Exchanges are constantly under hacker attack. Wallets are not secure and millions of dollars have been lost in the last few years (Mt.Gox, Bter, BitStamp, BitFinex, Cryptsy, and more). Your security is our priority.
• Shortly, SmartCoins can be withdrawn directly to cash via the soon to be released OpenLedger all-in-one debit card or via money transfer, with Ripple and Paypal options to be added.
• Wiring money in the legacy banking system takes days. OpenLedger lets you send money anywhere in the world, within seconds.
• No one can freeze, seize, hack or attack your wealth. You are always in control and your identity can never be stolen.
• Soon, with the OpenLedger Debit Card, you can spend your money instantly, anywhere major debit cards are accepted. OpenLedger will handle the conversions for you.
• Your money goes directly from you to its destination. No middlemen ever get control of your money.
• Only those you authorize can see your accounts. Share control of accounts with friends, family, and business associates with complete accountability and flexibility never before available in legacy banking.
As highlighted by tradingview.com, the Bitshares technology platform was chosen as the fuel used by OpenLedger DC ‘because of the many features in its technology such as smart contracts, price-stable currencies, decentralized asset exchange, scalability, dynamic account permissions, recurring and scheduled payments, a referral rewards program for contributing to network growth, regulation-compatible user-issued assets, stakeholder-approved project funding, and transferable named accounts.’
‘They also have a fairly active community and well-funded development. Many of these features could eventually be leveraged to build financial applications for the unbanked in emerging markets that are increasingly being connected to the internet and need a access to fast and cheap ways of sending and storing money on the internet.’
The commitment of OpenLedger to Bitshares is further demonstrated by the recent nomination of Ronny Boesing, Founder and CEO of OpenLedger ApS, onto the Official Bitshares Committee. Inspired by the persistence, drive and passion behind the crypto-pioneers, especially Daniel Larimer, Co-Founder of BitShares and Steemit, Ronny was driven to learn all about cryptocurrency, eventually leading to the creation of the OpenLedger DC.
She nervously boarded the flight. "Anything to declare?" the customs officer asked. If she showed the ten thousand dollars in her travel pouch, would the officer not make trouble? Maria needed to take the money into Mali, because the workers of the maternity ward in a remote country village needed to be paid, and there is no banking infrastructure in the outback of Mali. She was a volunteer from a charity service that simply had no other way to support their workers and the mothers and babies in their care. How else could they buy much needed medicines and practice their art, to bring the newly born safely into this world?
The officer glanced at the long line quickly with a bored expression, and waved at Maria's queue that they should move quickly through the checkpoint. The people behind her thronged to pass through, and in the hustle Maria breathed a sigh of relief. This time the money would reach its destination unharmed. By chance. If only every transfer would go so well. Maria's example here is a story. But this situation happens time and time again around the world, with unpredictable outcomes.
People like Maria, who are physically taking money to Africa, take risks to support families and livelihoods. In expat communities around the world, the common voice is that tariffs imposed on sending money via electronic banking transactions are a growing problem, for those wishing to sustain their families while working abroad.
To send money to other countries, there are tariffs of between five to ten percent of the sum just for transferring it to another location on the globe. Much of this fee is hidden in unfavourable exchange rates. In times of internet, these amounts could be easily transferred via Blockchain solutions.
In recent months India's Prime Minister, in a pioneer move to reshape India's financial economy, ordered all large denomination bills of currency to be exchanged for smaller denominations, causing long queues in front of bank offices. Queues of people to exchange their money.
Growing financial risk and everyday loss of control over personal finances is a looming threat to freedom and privacy in many places around the globe. The Internet of Coins team wants to enable people in all walks of life to arrange their personal finance in a safe and low risk manner. They want to make it easy to handle your portfolio, manage your finance or make a donation for a good cause when using our secure platform environment.
The Internet of Coins ties all cryptocurrency technologies together into a single cryptosphere to literally put the power of cryptofinance into everyone's hands, whether it's BitShares, Bitcoin or any other blockchain technology. Having financial freedom, whether on computer or mobile, empowers communities and livelihoods to give them the personal control to organise their own finances.
19 April 2017 – (London, England) – Participants in the AppTrade Initial Token Offering (ITO) will immediately receive a 3% BONUS, allowing for a greater return in their outlay.
Powered by the digital token APPX, Apptrade creates portfolios, or groups, of apps, where if one of those apps becomes the next Instagram or Angry Birds, then the value of the portfolio rises.
Every time someone in the participants’ network orders APPX, a 3% BONUS on every paid order will be dropped into the participants’ account. What is even better is that everyone that is referred will also receive a 2% BONUS, just for ordering APPX.
MEET US IN PERSON: OPENLEDGER ON TOUR
OpenLedger are Presenting at:
Shanghai special meetup, May 6
Beijing, within the dates May 3-9
Consensus, New York, May 23
...more to come in coming weeks!
Ronny Boesing and OpenLedger Team
Follow OpenLedger on socials